fuel flow from left and right tank

• JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
2 years 6 months ago #1849 by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
Replied by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO on topic fuel flow from left and right tank
I have owned my 182Q since new and initially invested a lot of time trying to solve the fuel imbalance. The 0.03” tolerance in the adjustment of an external vent is a joke. It will move in a short time. I finally learnt that some fuel tanks imbalance is part of the SE Cessna personality and it doesn’t represent a risk. It’s impossible to dry a tank when flying with the fuel selector in the both position. The vented fuel caps, btw, are “secondary” vents to prevent an excessive low pressure inside a tank, but they do nothing to balance the fuel. Enjoy the sky.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Charles Gill
  • Charles  Gill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 6 months ago #1848 by Charles Gill
Replied by Charles Gill on topic fuel flow from left and right tank
Thanks for the drawings. I will check it out or have my mechanic check it out now while it is having it annual done.

• Charles Gill
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 6 months ago #1847 by Charles Gill
thanks for the drawings . I will check my vent tube out as soon as it gets back from it's annual.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1845 by Jason Hughes
Replied by Jason Hughes on topic fuel flow from left and right tank
Here is the one from my Cessna 100 Series service manual that includes the 175. Not much difference than what Steve posted.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #1844 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic fuel flow from left and right tank
I pulled this page from the 1963-68 100 series service manual. While it does not list the C-175, take a look to see if you think it applies. You notice the positioning tolerance is very tight. I've seen people hang coats and shirts on this vent tube. Vent positioning often gets overlooked during inspections.
Pls let me know what you find.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

• Charles Gill
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 6 months ago #1842 by Charles Gill
Thanks for the information. The right tank already has a vented fuel cap. I am not sure of the exact positioning of the vent line behind the left wing strut. Do you know what it is for a 1962 cessna 175C.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds