TCB Composite's spinner 337

More
1 week 6 days ago #3557 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic TCB Composite's spinner 337
Hi Mark,
It's come to my attention that Knots2U has a composite spinner for the 172RG listed on its website.

The catch is that the website says that FAA approval through the FAA-PMA process is pending.

There's a chance that the approval has been granted.

It's worth a call.

www.knots2u.net/cessna-172rg-composite-s...50002k200-2450004-1/ .

Best,
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #3530 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic TCB Composite's spinner 337
Hi Mark,
I just spoke with TCB and was told that all their spinners are PMA approved. In order to get a copy of the documentation, the person I spoke with said that all she needs to send is is the part number and serial number of the spinner and the name of the person/company it was sold to.

There isn't a spinner specifically listed for the 172RG, but I guessed that the one of the Cardinal RG would work, and that that's the one installed.

The part number for the one for the Cardinal RG is TCB 0752637-16. Is that the spinner that's installed on your 172RG??

Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark McCurdy

• Mark McCurdy
  • Mark McCurdy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 1 week ago #3529 by Mark McCurdy
TCB Composite's spinner 337 was created by Mark McCurdy
I am doing an inspection on a 1979 Cessna 172RG. The owner installed a TCB Composite's spinner, and I am am working on the approval of the installation. Due to the fact that this spinner is not PMA'ed and there is no STC for it, it is necessary to get field approval and file a Form 337. The problem is that TCB Composites seems clueless when I ask for any kind of supporting documentation which is necessary to complete the Form 337. Yesterday I had a friendly conversation with an FAA inspector from the Scottsdale FSDO. He suggested that I check with a club or association that flies Cessna aircraft, and attempt to find someone who can help by providing copies of 337's of previously approved TCB spinner installations on Cessna 172 RGs. So, here I am. Does anyone know of someone who has gone thru the process of getting a field approval on a TCB Composite's spinner, who would be so kind as to help me compile the necessary documentation to have a Field Approval done on this one? We might even want to share the info with TCB Composites.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds