1 week 5 days ago #2248 by richard heinichen
Replied by richard heinichen on topic flying west
Thanks...looking to get one soon...will support CFA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jen D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #2247 by Jen D
Replied by Jen D on topic flying west
FYI, Aerox and Mountain High are long-time supporters of the Cessna Flyer Association.

More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #2243 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic flying west
There are a few good portable O2 system suppliers: Mountain High, Precise Flight, AeroMedix, Sportys, and others.

I have a 22 cu ft bottle, that has ports for 4 users (I've only used two). The bottle is held in position in a pack with straps on the back of the co pilots seat.

I also have some expensive Demand Conservers from Precise Flight (expensive but really stretch use time).

I bought my system from another aviation guy (who won it all in a raffle) so I got a great deal.

There a lot of ads for oxygen concentrators, I would not recommend getting one.

If you like a deal I would look around on Controller, eBay, Trade A Plane or Barnstormers to see if you can find a good used one. Make sure you ask the seller if the bottle has been hydro tested recently.

More
2 weeks 12 hours ago #2242 by richard heinichen
Replied by richard heinichen on topic flying west
Thanks Steve. Thanks for the information. I enjoy paper charts also. They are personal. I have one of those wall maps that I constantly look at. If there is a way to go up from Texas and cut right to salt lake from Colorado that would be easy. What oxygen systems would you recommend for two pilots? I like flying around 8000.
Again thanks.

More
2 weeks 15 hours ago #2241 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic flying west
Hi Richard,
when I fly from KPRB, my home drome that's located halfway between SF and LA I go through the Rockies at a pass just to the east of Salt Lake City, The route of I-80. I don't think this is a good route for you because you will have to go a long ways north to get to that routing.
I like to take a look at routes using the collection of WAC charts I have. However the FAA stopped printing WAC charts a few years ago and I don't know where to get them.
Paper charts are a lot more fun for me; I don't get the same "big picture" when looking at an electronic chart.
I can tell you that there is a lot of MOAs out west and some restricted areas.
I'll take a look at my WACs and see if I can come up with a reasonable routing that is more direct than the one I posted here a couple of days ago.
Steve

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #2214 by richard heinichen
I would like to fly from Texas to Oregon in my 182. Can anyone suggest a route through the mountains? Or any route?

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds