Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Stephen Warden
  • Stephen Warden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 3 days ago #3162 by Stephen Warden
Replied by Stephen Warden on topic ADSB traffic on KMD550
Thanks Steve. I currently use an IPad and Stratus as well for both traffic and weather…..just wondering if there was an easy way to get it onto my 550 since it’s already there. If I find a different route, I’ll share it here
Thanks
Steve Warden

More
1 week 3 days ago #3161 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic ADSB traffic on KMD550
A search reveals that the KMD550 does have provision for displaying traffic if a KAC 504 module is installed.

I found one of the 504 (modules) boards for sale on eBay for $700.

However, since the Tailbeacon transmits traffic via Bluetooth instead of through wiring, I doubt that installation of that module will enable you to display traffic on the KMD550.

But there certainly may be a way to get it done since new innovations are introduced often.

I believe that the most reasonable solution to this is to buy and install a Stratus ESG transponder which is WAAS enabled, hard wired into the airplane, and is ADS-B In and Out enabled. Then it would take buying and installing the KAC 504 module, and wiring the Stratus to the KMD 550.

I use a tablet (iPad) to display traffic; I know it's not the same as having it shown on the KMD multi function display, but it works really well.

If there's room you can install an iPad mount in the panel, and see the traffic displayed on it.
Guardian Avionics and Mygoflight both have mounts for iPads.

Best,
Steve

• Stephen Warden
  • Stephen Warden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 4 days ago #3160 by Stephen Warden
ADSB traffic on KMD550 was created by Stephen Warden
I have a 2002 182, with the King NavII pkg….this includes a KLN94 and and a KMD550.
I am satisfying the ADSB-in requirement with a Uavionics tail beacon.
I was wondering if anyone has found a way to have the ADSB traffic display on the KMD550.
Thanks
Steve

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds