• Alain Bosco
  • Alain Bosco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 year 9 months ago #1873 by Alain Bosco
Replied by Alain Bosco on topic Autopilot Cessna
Hello Steve,
I wanted to wish you a wonderful year for you and your Family.
I came back from Crystal River Florida where I passed my FAA PPL. It was a great experience and I ll definitively come back for my Instrument.

I am now back to Europe and I have 2 interesting opportunities to buy a plane .
1) CESSNA RT 182 Turbo RG - 1980 - www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=43507
I will go to see the plane on Tuesday. It has been totally overhaul (Turbo, gear , engine) I will get all document .
I have some question about this plane :
- easy to pilote ? compare to a 206 ?
- managing the turbo is that complicated ?
- Would it be possible to add a sportsmann kit stol ? Any advise on it ?
- I read a lot's of bad comment about the landing gear ? What about your opinion ? Is it less robust than a fixe gear model ?

2) CESSNA 206G - 1979 - https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=47697
Also this one has been Overhaull with 0 hours but has a very very basic avionic without any auto pilote or GPS. I think it is very expensive to up date.

What do you think ? I do not need the 6 seat but I am hesitating between the both,.

Have a good day

Alain

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #1658 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Autopilot Cessna
Hello Alain;
Many of the King School courses are available on line. And many courses were offered on CDs in the past. I expect you can find a CD version (slightly used) on eBay.
One of the advantages of using an online of CD course is that you can study the materials at home; and do the practice sessions using your airplane at your airport.
However, if you want to come to the US and enroll in a 206 specific class or a Cessna specific class there are schools listed on the King Schools website.
If you want to get 206 specific training you should google search for a 206 specific training. I did and found: www.paragonflight.com/international-flig...rograms-florida.html .
I suggest that you get the King Course and study it before coming over to the US for 206 specific training.

• Alain Bosco
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #1647 by Alain Bosco
Hello,
I saw that in US they provide Cessna Training courses ... I was thinking to register for the 206 training course www.kingschools.com/cessna-flight-training

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #1645 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Autopilot Cessna
Alain;
If you can get the U206 for that price, I would do it. In addition to a great price, and zero time engine you will be buying an airplane that is located nearby, so there shouldn't be too many struggles getting ownership transferred to you (or your company).
I'm not sure which Cessna Training course you're referring to. Which one??
Best,
Steve

• Alain Bosco
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 4 weeks ago #1638 by Alain Bosco
Here are the pics...

• Alain Bosco
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 4 weeks ago #1637 by Alain Bosco
Hello Steve,
Thanks again again.
So I visited today the Cessna U206G. I will send you all the info but it seems to be a very good deal. It was owned by a company who was doing alps tour close to my homes.
The plane is really in good condition. They change the engine as an exchange one so zero hoours on it and same for the tripale prop.
Asking price is 130 USD and with some deal with them I could have it for 100 USD.
I will send you pics. There a double door on the pasager side which is very cool.
I discussed with maintenance manager of the company and, as you said, the maintenance cost will be lower on a 206 than a 182.
The 205 option is also great but are 1960 - 1967 airplane .
As I told you the 206 has no autopilot and I will have to install one.

I saw the cessna training course ... is that good ?
Thanks

Alain

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds