Does anyone have a POH for a fuel injected airplane?

• Ed Fogle
  • Ed Fogle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 13 hours ago #2761 by Ed Fogle
Thanks Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 13 hours ago #2760 by STEVE ELLS
I'm attaching a POH for a fuel injected Cessna
Attachments:

More
1 week 14 hours ago #2759 by STEVE ELLS
Fuel injected Cessna aircraft did not have a fuel pressure gauge; what they did have was a combination manifold pressure/fuel flow gauge.
The fuel flow gauge is nothing more than a fuel pressure gauge with the face that displays gallons/hr instead of a fuel pressure number.

• Ed Fogle
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 13 hours ago #2757 by Ed Fogle
Steve,
The EDM-900 Pilot's Guide lists FF and FP in the Primary Instruments column. However, the installation manual has a table that is titled "Instruments that CAN (emphasis mine) be primary if in POH”. Now, there is no such terminology as "primary instrument" in the POH and I can't locate a regulatory definition of it. FAR 91.205 has to do with minimum instrumentation for various flight rules, Day VFR for example.

I have spoken to the FAA with no success, I even checked the TCDS but it doesn't list instruments, just references markings for some such as the tach. And the Peterson STC POH Supplement makes no reference to instruments added with the conversion. I know there is at least one, a combination MP/FP gauge. The only thing left to check is the Peterson installation manual, which I'm trying to get a copy of.

After a problem with my EDM-900 the factory fixed it with a software upgrade. Two things happened with that. Originally the non-primary instrument column on the analyzer had 6 items in it. When it came back it only had 5. Plus they moved the FF and FP from the primary box to the non-primary column displacing 2 very useful items I want there. All this while nearly half of the primary box is blank, a big black hole of totally wasted real estate.

My reason for asking about these other airplanes is they came with injected engines so I wanted to know if FF and/or FP was listed in the paragraph under engines in the Airplane and Systems Descriptions section of the POH. Just trying to build a case to get JPI to provide me with an instrument with the value I paid for.

Thanks
Last edit: 1 week 13 hours ago by Ed Fogle.

More
1 week 2 days ago #2756 by STEVE ELLS
The primary airframe instruments are fuel level indicator for each tank, oil pressure, oil temperature, tachometer, ammeter, and if it's what's called an altitude engine (which by some archaic definition means it has a constant speed prop) then a manifold pressure gauge is also a primary instrument.

This is by FAA regulation, not manufacturer's choice.

I have a 206 POH. The engine instruments paragraph says oil pressure and temperature, tachometer, a cylinder head temperature gauge but instead of a simple manifold pressure gauge, it cites a manifold pressure/fuel flow gauge.

The POH also says an economy mixture (EGT) indicator is also available.

I hope this answers your question.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Steve

• Ed Fogle
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 2 days ago #2755 by Ed Fogle
I need information from the Airplane and Systems Descriptions section from a 206 POH. In particular the paragraphs about engine instruments. The specific question I have is what instruments are listed in the first paragraph? In my 182P POH the instruments listed are oil pressure, oil temperature, CHT, tachometer and manifold pressure. I am presuming these would be considered “Primary Instruments”. However, I have a Peterson STC conversion to the IO-470 fuel injected engine and am wondering if fuel flow and fuel pressure would be listed, also. Is FF and FP listed for the 206 (or 185, 205 or 210, for that matter). I’m having an ongoing issue with JPI about the programming of my EDM 900 engine analyzer and need to be able to cite what the manufacture considers “Primary Instruments”.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds