Good shop for T210M in Texas

More
1 week 2 days ago #3515 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Good shop for T210M in Texas
Good morning;
Recommendations suggest that Wingfield Aviation ( wingfieldaviation.com/ ) and John Efinger are very good.
I know John and is recovering from an injury, and is very busy. He told me that it's time for him to slow down.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #3512 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Scott;
Thanks for getting back to me.
12 quarts of oil and one oil filter will cost (multi grade) just short of $150. That's retail, the shop may mark it up.

The other part of a complete oil change includes cutting the filter open and checking for contaminants.
It may include taking and sending off an oil sample.

The leaking brake is a serious item. It is a PITA to fix it since the airplane must be jacked up and the gear leg removed to gain access to the seal holder.

When you say your #1 CHT is hot, how hot? and how much hotter than the other cylinders at the same power setting?

If you checked John Effinger's website, it shows that John knows how to rig a 210. I do too and I know John. It's not a complex skill, it just takes an understanding of the big picture and the proper sequence of adjustments.

Why aren't you going to Joe Brown now? Just curious.

I put out a query asking for 210 shops. If I get an answer I'll let you know.

Steve

• Scott Biedermann
  • Scott Biedermann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 3 days ago #3510 by Scott Biedermann
Replied by Scott Biedermann on topic Good shop for T210M in Texas
I don't have a particular problem with the shop, and certainly don't want to bad mouth them. Very nice guys - but ridiculously expensive ($600 for simple oil change) and I just feel like they don't have the same focus I do. I fly my kids - little kids - a lot, and I'm kinda picky about everything working. ie #1 CHT is running hot - they did a injector flush and gave it back - runs the same, still hot. I mentioned it, no next step... My L landing gear brake is leaking - I understand it might be in the leg and a big deal to fix, but... adding fluid every few flights gets old, and I sorta don't like things being "not fixed" on an airplane. Finally, sounds silly, but I leave my rudder trim set about 1 cm to the R because it doesn't fly straight centered. Didn't used to be like that, but it is now. That just kinda bugs me.

Overall, plane is flying great - I flew 36 hours last month without issue. But i'm kinda anal.

Might just be that the service I got with my previous guy (Joe Brown, who was just awesome), was over the top and I'm spoiled. Might just be that I'm a little anxious since I'm flying my kids (9, 7, 5) who I didn't fly with until the last 6 months (long story behind why).

Anyway, thanks for the recs!

Scott

More
1 week 3 days ago #3507 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Scott;

I second Troy's recommendation--John Effinger is very Cessna savvy.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult for me to know where to guide you in this search.

What is the problem with the shop in Addison?

Thanks
Steve

More
1 week 3 days ago #3506 by Troy Whistman
Replied by Troy Whistman on topic Good shop for T210M in Texas
Scott,

John Efinger at CessnaRigging.com (based at Bourland Field, 50F) is one of the best 210 experts in the country, and he's local. However, he may be out of commission for a bit; he was a passenger in an aircraft that had an off-field landing and is recovering. Still worth reaching out to him for an update/referral. He had to cancel my October annual.

• Scott Biedermann
  • Scott Biedermann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 4 days ago #3505 by Scott Biedermann
Good shop for T210M in Texas was created by Scott Biedermann
I'm in Dallas and the shop i'm using in Addison is not getting things done the way they should. Annual is coming up and I was thinking it would be nice to get a shop that specializes in Cessna's to do this year's annual.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
Scott

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds