Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Reid Hipp
  • Reid Hipp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 days 3 hours ago #3564 by Reid Hipp
Replied by Reid Hipp on topic Landing Gear CB Pops
We just spoke this afternoon. I did forward your comments and thank you very much. After speaking with Cessna support over teh last 10 days and extensive troubleshooting. They have concluded that the problem is internal with the hydraulic pack. We plan to order a replacement pack today. Positive updates to follow, fingers crossed.

More
4 days 7 hours ago #3562 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Landing Gear CB Pops
The sequence of events for the landing gear up and gear down cycles are in the 210 service manual.
Here's the one for the gear up cycle:
1 Gear handle to up; this energizes the door open/door close selenoid AND turns on the motor;
2) pressure builds in the system, the doors open; when the door actuators reach the end of travel, they stop, allowing pressure to continue to build in the system.
3) at 750 psi the gear begins to retract.
4) When the gear closes all 3 gear up switches, the door close solenoid acts to direct fluid to close the doors.
5) the Doors close, when the door close actuators reach the end of travel fluid pressure again builds in the system/
6) When system pressure reaches 1500 PSI the pressure switch closes, opening the circuit to the gear motor.

If your gear motor is continuing to run after the gear is up AND the doors have closed; check the pressure valve for operation.

There is a hydraulic line with a tube on it, under a cover adjacent to the copilots left rudder pedal. Remove the cap and install a 2000 psi gauge. Retract the gear and see what happens. If the pressure goes above 1500 and the motor keep running, you have a bad pressure switch.

There are directions in the service and parts manual showing how the pressure switch is built. I believe it can be disassembled and new o rings can be installed instead of buying a new one.

Please let me know what you find.

Steve
PS-Please tell me your shop does have the correct service manual and parts manual for your airplane!

• Reid Hipp
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
5 days 6 hours ago #3561 by Reid Hipp
Replaced switch. Worked fine when tested on "the bench". But same problem once installed. Motor not stopping in gear up position once locked causing breaker pop. No problems in down position.
Back to trouble shooting.

• Reid Hipp
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
5 days 8 hours ago #3560 by Reid Hipp
They troubleshoot all last week. They think it might be the Hydraulic Power Pack. Per an email friday afternoon.

More
1 week 2 days ago #3558 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Landing Gear CB Pops
Hi Reid;

Have you gotten to the bottom of your 210 gear problem?

What did it turn out to be?

Thanks
Steve

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds