Cessna T210L Nose Gear Actuator

• Michael Martines
  • Michael Martines's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
4 days 19 hours ago #2864 by Michael Martines
Replied by Michael Martines on topic Cessna T210L Nose Gear Actuator
Well sports fans it looks like the problem was a leaking nose gear door actuator loosing pressure. The actuator was rebuilt and it seems to now be working fine.

Lesson learned is to take copious notes and research to help your A and P troubleshoot and solve the problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DOUGLAS VINCENT
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 week 3 days ago #2853 by DOUGLAS VINCENT
Replied by DOUGLAS VINCENT on topic Cessna T210L Nose Gear Actuator
What is the latest with your nose gear?
Have you found the problem and solution?

More
1 month 1 week ago #2809 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Cessna T210L Nose Gear Actuator
Eric,
You may have mis read my post about nose gear doors.

The main gear door removal STC does not call for the removal of the nose gear doors.

The point that is critical is: are the nose gear doors actuated by the original hydraulics, or has the nose gear door hydraulics been removed and replaced with the mechanical nose gear door closing system.

Thanks
STeve

• PAOLO MONTANARI
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #2806 by PAOLO MONTANARI
Replied by PAOLO MONTANARI on topic Cessna T210L Nose Gear Actuator
OK now it is more understandable: you have a modification STC for the doors in the M model.
Those mods frequently do not modify the hydraulic line and power pack which thinks to still have all the doors, and it is a source of troubles sometimes.

Keep us informed,we are curious to know

• Michael Martines
  • Michael Martines's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 1 week ago #2804 by Michael Martines
Replied by Michael Martines on topic Cessna T210L Nose Gear Actuator
Guys thanks for all the advice I am planning to put it in the shop this week and have an expert walk my mechanic through the troubleshooting.

A point of clarification I still have my nise gear doors installed but my main gear doors are gone.

Also I flew Saturday about 5 days since the last flight and the gear worked fine. Then when I was back taxing at my destination airport over rough pavement my green light went off and I got a gear warning horn(throttle was under the limit) I pumped the handle one time and she was back to normal. I think this is telling me one of my limit switches needs adjustment.

Thouhts I could pass onto my A and P are welcome.

• DOUGLAS VINCENT
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #2796 by DOUGLAS VINCENT
Replied by DOUGLAS VINCENT on topic Cessna T210L Nose Gear Actuator
I agree. If it my 210 after all the trial and error I definitely would contact Paul New.
"Paul New from Tennesee Aicraft Service inc in Jackson who knows everithing about Cessna 210."

I realize it is a competitive organization but no one should mind if you are actually finding a solution. Paul advises through Cessna Pilot Association and will advise directly as well.

I know nothing bit the other reference.

Keep playing with the gear problem and sooner or later you will have a failure and major damage.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds