210 brake fluid leak at gear leg pivot- Through bolt?

• Zachary Brown
  • Zachary Brown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
23 hours 14 minutes ago #2897 by Zachary Brown
Replied by Zachary Brown on topic 210 brake fluid leak at gear leg pivot- Through bolt?
Will do Steve. we got the lower piece replaced and it still leaked (the part the gear leg went through, that is circled below). Today, we are replacing the upper seals (9 and 10, the whole pivot has to come out). Found one O ring completely cut in half in that assembly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #2881 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Zachary;

Refer to Paolo's response. He hit the nail on the head. That's where your leak is.

I believe the local mechanics grind the thread end of the right side bolt to a smooth end--they use it as an aligning punch prior to installing the final bolt (#31)

An interesting design, to say the least.

Take pictures, write an article giving details, parts needed, tricks used and hours to complete. Send it in, if necessary our editors will "tune it" for publication and then we will put it in the magazine so others can learn.

Best,
Steve

• PAOLO MONTANARI
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 week 3 days ago #2880 by PAOLO MONTANARI
Replied by PAOLO MONTANARI on topic 210 brake fluid leak at gear leg pivot- Through bolt?
look at the page 5-1 enclosed and at the parts 17 to 20 in the red circle of detail A.
I had a leakage there and it needed to put the airplane on jacks and disassembly the leg shaft.
Take care to mark the two parst of the leg to be able to reassemble correctly it.
Attachments:

• Zachary Brown
  • Zachary Brown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 3 days ago #2878 by Zachary Brown
We have been struggling to repair a brake fluid leak on a 1980 T-210, it drips down the pivot and almost looks like it could be leaking from the bolt that goes up through the pivot (presumably that holds the main gear leg in). My A&P is caring for it, but i want to make sure we aren't on a goose chase. We did replace a leaking brake line swivel fitting that fixed that leak but we still have some leakage as described.

My A&P believes there is a set of seals at the top of the through-bolt on the pivot that may be the culprit, and to replace would require the airplane to be jacked and the main gear legs pulled out to replace the seals. Again, this is brake fluid not Hydraulic fluid for the gear.

Please share thoughts and experience with this bolt leaking, and the diagnosis. He does not believe the pivot is craked.

Thanks
Zach

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds