T-210 Fuel Selector Valve

More
1 month 3 days ago #3405 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic T-210 Fuel Selector Valve
Hi Jaime;

I very happy that you found the solution to your fuel problems and everything worked well on your trip to Santiago.

Thanks for getting back to me--

Best regards,

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #3397 by Jaime Hernandez
Replied by Jaime Hernandez on topic T-210 Fuel Selector Valve
Dear Steve,
First of all, my apologize for such a delay in getting back.
Definitely our fuel selector was stuck on the left tank when flying on the right tank. Happy that I was monitoring the fuel gauges and I can land before things get worse. Honestly I don't trust too much on those gauges, specially in old airplanes. Our US mechanic didn't have time to explain me in detail what happen but he told me that the select vane was damage and we proceed to install an exchange valve on the aircraft. Searching in internet this have pass before on other aircraft and always stuck on the left tank. There are some better explanations there. After the new fuel selector was install we perform the functional checks and we were able to continue our flight in this recently purchase Cessna P210 from Texas to our home base in Santiago, Chile. South America with no issues. Sorry for missing details.
Best
Jaime Hernández

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3322 by STEVE ELLS
Jaime;
Excellent,
I appreciate your feedback,
Best,
Steve

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #3318 by Jaime Hernandez
Thanks Steve
Aircraft now is waiting for maintenance. As soon as I have more info I let you know.
Regards
Jaime.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #3317 by STEVE ELLS
Jaime;
Read my reply to Joey. The problem, as I understand it is that when the selector handle is moved, that required motion is not fully transmitted to the shaft of the selector valve.

This can be visually checked by removing a floor inspection panel and watching to see if moving the handle moves the shaft on the valve all the way to the "L" or "R" position. If the valve is not moved all the way, fuel can feed from both tanks through the valve. The U-joint in the linkage between the handle and valve is probably the culprit.

Let me know what you find.
Steve

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #3316 by Jaime Hernandez
I just pick up a Cessna P210 that a close friend bought, I’m having excatly the same problem. Can you please tell me if you find the cause and how do you fix it?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds