Cessna 182 Pre Buy in Wichita KS area

More
1 week 5 days ago #2051 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Mr. Hopman;

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

Yingling Aviation ( www.yinglingaviation.com ) is a very well know Cessna propeller engine service center.

And as you guessed, there are probably at least 4 or 5 that are capable of a pre buy inspection.

The technical advisors here, and I am one, are somewhat leery of "pre purchase" inspections. There is no definition of what that means so the buyer may not get what he or she thinks they are going to get.

We would much rather the buyer get a full annual inspection. Here is an article we wrote on the subject.

www.cessnaflyer.org/maintenance-tech/ite...hase-inspection.html

www.cessnaflyer.org/maintenance-tech/ite...selling-a-plane.html

Unfortunately, we have a difficult time recommending shops; we just don't get enough feedback from the field to form an accurate assessment.

I hope these articles help you make good decisions as you navigate through the airplane buying process.

Please let me know how things work out; and if you have additional questions don't hesitate to contact me here on the forum.

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2044 by Pablo Hopman
Greetings.... I just joined this group and very excited as it looks like there is a lot of great Make/Model information and expertise on the site!

I am actively in the market for a 182P or later. Any recommendations for shops/A&Ps for a per-purchase inspection in the Wichita KS? Given the heritage I can imagine there should be several to choose from.

Thanks and I am looking forward any feedback.

Regards,

Pablo Hopman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds