P210 brake hydraulic fluid seeping at main gear pivot

More
1 week 6 days ago #3082 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Ralph,
I've attached an illustration showing the part I referred to in my reply,
There's no way to get to this part without removing the gear leg.

I appreciate your willingness to weigh in with your experiences; it sounds like you nailed your problem and fixed it.

Not quite the same problem.

Thanks again,

Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 19 hours ago #3076 by Ralph Boone
I had the same issue on my 78 R182. If the issue is the brake pivot assembly fitting and it is similar to my R182 I did the repair without pulling the the gear leg assembly. I simply removed the inspection plate under the rear seat, removed the safety wire and disconnected the brake line. Removed the fitting tore it apart and replaced the o-rings. Installed in reverse order. Job done. IA/AP supervised and approved. If you price the fitting on eBay it’s anywhere from $300-$700 used. O-rings we’re like .20 cents and a couple of hours labor. Hundred cycles and still no leak.

More
1 month 3 days ago #3058 by STEVE ELLS
Dave,
You are correct. The problem almost certainly stems from the leaks at a part with O ring seals that connects the brake line in the pivot with the brake line in the gear leg.

When I worked 210s, it was common enough that we called it "leaky armpits."

There is no way to repair this except to jack your airplane up, and remove the gear leg on the leaky side.

There is a better illustration in the 1977-84 210 service manual in Figure 5-1. There are accompanying instructions for installation.

There's a possibility it may be what's labeled the brake pivot fitting in the attached drawing.

If that's the problem, get back to me--I may have a solution that's less expensive than buying a new one.

Steve

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

• Dave Fisher
  • Dave Fisher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 4 days ago #3057 by Dave Fisher
I am loosing brake pedal after the gear retracts. On the ground brakes feel and work fine and have good pedal even after sitting overnight. After takeoff brakes feel ok, retract gear and wait a bit and I have to pump pedals to get a good pressure feel. After pumping up pedals with retracted gear then waiting a while pedals loose it. Just before landing extend gear and pedals pump up fine and land and pedals then feel pretty good. I notice hydraulic fluid seepage at the main gear leg pivots and assume this leakage is the problem. Has anyone experienced this scenario/leakage and what is usually involved in fixing this leakage?
Thank you

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds