Garmin g3x in a 182s

• Marc Mears
  • Marc Mears's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 month 2 days ago #3095 by Marc Mears
Replied by Marc Mears on topic Garmin g3x in a 182s
I put in the old round gauges as I thought I would use then – and never have!
Never had a problem with the VSI – its is small but you get used to it – just like you get used to the tapes - the g3x does have a highbred round gauge option that is very user friendly that you could use to transition.

The fit out was done by Multiflight and it was their first one – but they did not report on any issues.
The one thing I would strongly recommend if you are putting in the autopilot – put the box at the top - its so easy to use when turning the dials for heading etc than having it low down in the dash board and for many other reasons.
It’s a fantastic system and easy to use –

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #3094 by Sidney Dekker
Replied by Sidney Dekker on topic Garmin g3x in a 182s
Hi Marc, thanks for sharing your picture. I am about to do the same with a 1997 C172R, with roughly the lay-out you have chosen for yours.

Of course, it'd be great to hear of any snags you hit on the way to the end result, but I also have a question about the experience of the G3X screen: I find the V/S indication unsatisfactorily small.

Do you miss the round VSI and should I save it and recycle it (or don't you even look at the round dials anymore)?

Really appreciate it,
Sidney

• Marc Mears
  • Marc Mears's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
3 months 1 week ago #3026 by Marc Mears
Garmin g3x in a 182s was created by Marc Mears
Just had this fitted and if anyone has any questions please ask.....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Foster

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds