Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: installing a heated pitot

installing a heated pitot 2 weeks 3 days ago #1074

Thank you all for the help, I have found one with the right number and will have my mechanic install it. I will possibly be flying light IFR and therefore desire it for safety. Maybe only need it once, but once is enough. Thanks for the clarification on the unheated tube, I wasn't sure how to describe it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

installing a heated pitot 2 weeks 3 days ago #1073

George Barbour wrote:
It is the type of pitot heat that looks more like a vent with a cover that comes open with the wind.

George,
You are confusing the readers calling your “pitot TUBE” a “pitot heat”.

Both pitot tubes, heated and non-heated, are shown in the parts catalog I posted before.

BTW, that cover is a clever non-factory accessory (I have one in my 182).

Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Jose Lopezdelpuerto.

installing a heated pitot 2 weeks 4 days ago #1072

Are there provisions for electricity to the probe? If not, you'll have to add wires, switch, and breaker. Why do you want pilot heat? Are you thinking of flying in weather? If not, I'd just live with it. Your chances of ever needing a heated pitot tube are slim and it may not be worth all the bother and expense.

installing a heated pitot 2 weeks 6 days ago #1067

It is the type of pitot heat that looks more like a vent with a cover that comes open with the wind. It has no opportunity to have an element. Thanks

installing a heated pitot 2 weeks 6 days ago #1065

I'm not sure what you mean about the "old pitot tube heat". Do you mean you want to replace an old pitot tube with a newer one? Does the old one work (heat)? If it is part of the TCDS or aircraft specifications then it is a minor modification and needs no paperwork other than a sign off in the logs.

installing a heated pitot 3 weeks 13 hours ago #1060

Welcome, George!

I think that if it’s in your IPC, it’s a minor modification.

Last Edit: 3 weeks 13 hours ago by Jose Lopezdelpuerto.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds