Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Flint Aero 172S Internal Tip Tank Kit

Flint Aero 172S Internal Tip Tank Kit 1 year 2 months ago #1137

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 53
Hi, Steve here. I answer tech questions.
I have installed these tanks but not in a newer 172. The plusses are: an additional 23 gallons of fuel (range) with no additional wing span and the fact that Flint Aero has been supplying these tanks, and others for a long time. A dependable company.
Disadvantages are cost of kit ($6443.00) and a minimum of 45 hours installation time. Shop rates vary but here on the West Coast, they are approaching $100/hr. If you have the installation done here you're looking at spending north of $10K.

Hopefully others with owner/operator experience with this modification will weigh in.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Flint Aero 172S Internal Tip Tank Kit 1 year 2 months ago #1135

My first post as a new member...

I know the modification is popular (actually desired) for earlier 172 models, but I am worried about devaluing my airplane if I decide to resell it in the future.

My 172S has always been hangared and other than installing a GTX345R, vertical compass and a preheater kit, the plane is in like new condition.

Has anyone with a late model 172S NAVIII 53 usable, installed the Flint internal tip tanks for the occasional extra fuel trips?

Thanks in advance...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds