Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Primer lines

Primer lines 3 months 2 weeks ago #1745

• Joe Jet
  • Subscriber
I fabricated mine out of stainless and brazed the old ball ends onto the new lines using FAA AMT General Handbook Chapter 9 Fluid Lines and Fittings and the 43.13, all with FSDO's blessing. Also made a oil indicating line. $30.00 in materials. If I ordered Cessna parts, it would have been around $1,500.00......... Screw those guys. :)
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Joe Jet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Primer lines 3 months 3 weeks ago #1735

One more thought. My engine was an upgrade performed at Air Plains. They have been very helpful to me in the past and they sell a number of parts. Try them. Also maybe one of those other engine upgrade places? They may have primer lines off a removed engine.

Primer lines 3 months 3 weeks ago #1734

Thanks to all for the response. The issue is the fact that Cessna chose to use stainless lines with a standard flare on one end and the usual ball seal (same as fuel injector lines) on the other. Piper on the other hand uses flare and compression fittings on a copper line. We do a lot of legacy aircraft work but this is the first requiring replacement of a line. Someone over torqued the primer fitting end and cracked the nut. Short of a field approval (not likely considering a nozzle replacement and going from a stainless line to copper). Lycoming also provides the lines at a reasonable price, but they use the ball fitting on both ends; still requiring a fitting issue down the line. Not a lot of options yet!

Primer lines 3 months 3 weeks ago #1733

may not have copper lines...

Mine are stainless steel.

Primer lines 3 months 3 weeks ago #1729

I have used Huber for my hose needs, and they are super helpful. I know the primer lines you ask about, I recently had to remove and clean all 3 of mine! While Huber may not have copper lines, they may be able to point you at a source. www.herberaircraft.com/markets_aviation.php#

Primer lines 3 months 3 weeks ago #1728

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 53
Hi Thomas;
According to my parts book the part number is 1700121-96; which has been updated to 1700121-123. This same line is used on 1975 and 1976 172M Cessnas. There are 4125 serial numbers assigned the 75-76 172M.
Google searches do not reveal any NOS (new old stock) parts or used, serviceable parts in salvage yard listings, which is hard to get my mind around.
I suggest you find and ask as many airplane salvage yards as your favorite search engine can find.
One that we like is Wentworth Aircraft Parts (www.wentworthaircraft.com); other include Air Salvage of Dallas (www.ASOD.com), Faeth aircraft (www.faethaircraft,com), Texas Air Salvage www.texasairsalvage.com), and others that turn up during a 'Google" search.

As you said the Cessna cost is beyond bizarre.

Let me know if I can help further.
Steve
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds