Primer lines

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #1745 by Joe Jet
Replied by Joe Jet on topic Primer lines
I fabricated mine out of stainless and brazed the old ball ends onto the new lines using FAA AMT General Handbook Chapter 9 Fluid Lines and Fittings and the 43.13, all with FSDO's blessing. Also made a oil indicating line. $30.00 in materials. If I ordered Cessna parts, it would have been around $1,500.00......... Screw those guys. :)
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Joe Jet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #1735 by GARY PALMER
Replied by GARY PALMER on topic Primer lines
One more thought. My engine was an upgrade performed at Air Plains. They have been very helpful to me in the past and they sell a number of parts. Try them. Also maybe one of those other engine upgrade places? They may have primer lines off a removed engine.

• Thomas Riemer
  • Thomas Riemer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
2 years 8 months ago #1734 by Thomas Riemer
Replied by Thomas Riemer on topic Primer lines
Thanks to all for the response. The issue is the fact that Cessna chose to use stainless lines with a standard flare on one end and the usual ball seal (same as fuel injector lines) on the other. Piper on the other hand uses flare and compression fittings on a copper line. We do a lot of legacy aircraft work but this is the first requiring replacement of a line. Someone over torqued the primer fitting end and cracked the nut. Short of a field approval (not likely considering a nozzle replacement and going from a stainless line to copper). Lycoming also provides the lines at a reasonable price, but they use the ball fitting on both ends; still requiring a fitting issue down the line. Not a lot of options yet!

• JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago #1733 by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
Replied by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO on topic Primer lines

may not have copper lines...

Mine are stainless steel.

More
2 years 8 months ago #1729 by GARY PALMER
Replied by GARY PALMER on topic Primer lines
I have used Huber for my hose needs, and they are super helpful. I know the primer lines you ask about, I recently had to remove and clean all 3 of mine! While Huber may not have copper lines, they may be able to point you at a source. www.herberaircraft.com/markets_aviation.php#

More
2 years 8 months ago #1728 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Primer lines
Hi Thomas;
According to my parts book the part number is 1700121-96; which has been updated to 1700121-123. This same line is used on 1975 and 1976 172M Cessnas. There are 4125 serial numbers assigned the 75-76 172M.
Google searches do not reveal any NOS (new old stock) parts or used, serviceable parts in salvage yard listings, which is hard to get my mind around.
I suggest you find and ask as many airplane salvage yards as your favorite search engine can find.
One that we like is Wentworth Aircraft Parts ( www.wentworthaircraft.com ); other include Air Salvage of Dallas ( www.ASOD.com ), Faeth aircraft (www.faethaircraft,com), Texas Air Salvage www.texasairsalvage.com ), and others that turn up during a 'Google" search.

As you said the Cessna cost is beyond bizarre.

Let me know if I can help further.
Steve

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds