Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seats from a 182R in a 182M

Seats from a 182R in a 182M 5 days 16 hours ago #877

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Cessna changed the seat rail system when it restarted the single engine program in 1996 due to a large number of lawsuit payouts by juries that were convinced that Cessna should be responsible for airplanes it hadn't; sometimes for decades.
Cessna did issue a number of service bulletins alerting owners and mechanics to the need to thoroughly inspect seat rails and seat rail locking systems. Cessna even offered, free of charge, secondary seat locking systems to owners of single engine Cessnas built prior to 1996.
The seat rail systems on single engine Cessnas manufactured since 1996 is much stronger than the older system and the "feet" on the seats are built to capture the new seat rails.
The new seats can not be installed on the pre-1996 airplanes unless the seat rails are changed to the newer type.
I haven't heard of anyone who has installed the post 1996 rails system on a pre-1996 airplane but it's something that would be worth exploring.
Happy Flying
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BRau

Seats from a 182R in a 182M 1 week 19 hours ago #876

• BRau
  • Subscriber
Does anyone know if the seats from a 182 R will fit in my 182 M. Are they the same rails and attach points? Thanks, Brian Rau
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds