HELP!!

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1559 by susan bemis
Replied by susan bemis on topic HELP!!
Hi Steve
It is tied down outside Able air- The mechanic that owns the place was the one that evaluated the plane with details that I explained to you. Long time, $95 an hr, etc. etc. His name is Art.
Thank-you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1558 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic HELP!!
Hi Susan,
Where is your airplane right now? Whiteman?
I can do some research to see if there's any one else there.
S

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1556 by susan bemis
Hi Steve - no offense to Jose
In my profession (medical) I see so many people take the "easy and fast" way out without contemplating the best for the patient. Just do what they can to get the patient off their back. It felt that Jose was doing this - nothing irritates me more than someone who does not do the very best they can in their profession - YOU are a prime example of a true professional - knowledgeable,courteous and most sympathetic to my cause, for which I am forever grateful which I am cannot thank you enough. Yes, that is a good piece of advice from Jose, I guess - however my circumstances are unique, and most 182's plane owners would have 100 different opinions. What I wanted and got was a professional to guide me step by step. Other people do not like to take on other people's problems easily when it comes to their airplanes (my experience)
Sorry if I offended anyone

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1555 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic HELP!!
Hi Susan, Jose;
Actually Jose's suggestion is a good one. If you can get good maintenance at your airport without going to the first shop you approached it will be easier to get you flying again.
As I spelled out in my suggestions, it's going to take a pretty thorough check out of a couple of systems before you can ferry your airplane. If you can get good maintenance at the field where your airplane is based that will eliminate the need to get someone to sign off the ferry permit.
Signing off a ferry permit means an A & P mechanic certifies that the airplane is airworthy for the flight described on the ferry permit; while you can fly the ferry permit without retracting the landing gear--it might be best to do it with the gear down since I did not specify asking the shop to do a gear swing prior to the ferry flight sign off--some mechanics would not sign off the ferry permit until they were satisfied that all the systems work. It's the mechanic's call.
I am working as the tech expert and am on the Cessna Flyer magazine staff. Jose was weighing in and trying to help you with getting back in the air.
Best,
Steve

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1553 by susan bemis
Thanks for your answer which is no help whatsoever!!
I have found another member of the Cessna Magazine team who has offered me substantial viable advice - which is helping me out tremendously
Maybe put more into your job would be my suggestion - no offense!!
Dr. Susan Bemis

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1552 by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
Replied by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO on topic HELP!!
Susan,
I am sorry for your problems but glad for your decision to fly again.
My first sugestión will be to contact other R182 owners in your area. They should know which shops are trusty.
Here is a link to the FAA register:

registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/MMS_res...CA&conVal=0&PageNo=1

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds