HELP!!

More
1 year 1 month ago #1542 by susan bemis
HELP!! was created by susan bemis
I live in Newhall Calif (Magic Mountain area) I have a 1979 Skylane 182RG. Unfortunately, I have not flown in 10 years, because of work demands and obtaining my PhD. This is against everything I learned about care of my poor plane, however, sometimes priorities rule our life and unable to be avoided. I currently have my airplane at a local airport. The chief mechanic at one of the airport mechanics shops reports "It's going to take a lot of work, take a long time and charges $95.00 a hour labor. " In his second breath he reports he has 2 friends with 182's that would love to buy my plane and I should cut my losses. His YELP reports have not been favorable. I maybe a woman, but I am not stupid. Should I not be concerned?? He reports that an annual would be "opening up a can or worms" but I asked him I thought it would be a good idea to start somewhere. Please advise, I feel very uncomfortable. I am a retired Physical Therapist and am now devoted to regain the health of my 182RG. Any advice would be most welcomed as this is new territory for me. Previously my Uncle had assisted and advised with all my planes necessities as he is now suffering from advanced dementia.
Thank-you
Respectfully,
Susan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds