HELP!!

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1570 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic HELP!!
Hi Susan; I have another suggestion. It might seem pretty radical to you, but I think it has merit and might be something to consider.
It's my belief your airplane is going to need a pretty thorough going over before it's ready for prime time.
Instead of going through the struggle of getting a pre ferry permit inspection, finding someone to fly it to the airport where the work is going to be done, etc. You could hire someone to take the wings off and put it on a trailer to transport it to Phil in Santa Maria or to another shop.
Your airplane is easy to take apart. A couple of guys with a little help can get it ready to move on the roads in a day and a half.
One advantage would be to get the airplane out of California, where labor rates are pretty high.
I know this seems like a radical suggestion but it's not hard and will get thing moving if we can find a shop that has room in its hangar and the manpower to go right to work.
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1568 by susan bemis
Replied by susan bemis on topic HELP!!
Hi Steve
Yes, I talked to Phil yesterday. Unfortunately, Santa Maria is about 2.5 hrs. away from Pacoima (Los Angeles) and because they are quite busy, he would not be able to send one of his mechanics down for the tests you recommended. So, I will continue to check locally - Van Nuys is a big airport which is not far but they cater to the Hollywood crowd so their prices may be inflated - I will continue to seek a second opinion. I asked Phil, "will this offend Art by getting a second opinion" and he said "Probably, but who cares?" I love the way men think, I am always afraid of saying - doing things like this and Phil says we have to do what is best for me!! I am now getting my confidence back thanks to you and Phil!! Phil was very reassuring in that he said, as you have, call him with any concerns. When I find the second opinion, I will send over the estimate to you for everything before any work is done. I feel I really have control over my situation now!! Thank you so much Steve - please let me know if you have any musculoskeletal issues - maybe I can in some way return your kindness with my professional knowledge of geriatric health (I am board certified - very few of us in the United States) Take care, I will be in touch!!
Respectfully
Susan

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1565 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic HELP!!
Susan;
I did a cursory check but did not find another shop on Whitman.
Did you contact Art to ask him if he would give you a quote to complete the tasks on the list I gave you?
I did talk to Sarah at Coastal Valley and she did give Phil the message.
Let me know if Art will bid the job.
Steve

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1564 by susan bemis
Hi
Did you have an opportunity to check if anyone else is available? I tried to call Phil at Coastal Valley Aviation, and he has not returned my phone call yet.
Again, thanks for all your help. My apologies to Jose....... anxiety, and hormones go hand and hand!!!
Susan

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #1562 by susan bemis
Thank-you Jose, just frustrating in a world that I am unfamiliar.
Respectfully,
Susan

More
1 year 4 weeks ago - 1 year 4 weeks ago #1561 by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
Replied by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO on topic HELP!!
Well, Susan, I am a retired architect. No job here. Aviation is only my passion. My opinions are only based in my experience as pilot and, since 1979, as owner of my 182. Steve was my instructor when I took the CPA course decades ago, so I know you are in trusty hands. Of course you need a cool head to take wise decisions, so I am sorry if I altered you mentioning what have worked for me and many others. The aviation world is small and usually friendly. Enjoy it. Hope to see you flying your airplane as soon as possible.
Last edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds