Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sportsmans STOL leading edge cuff

Sportsmans STOL leading edge cuff 1 week 11 hours ago #1779

• JOHN OWENS
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a Horton STOL which includes a leading edge cuff. C182E model and I find the aircraft is much more stable at lower speeds. My previous C182 H model did Not have any modification and also no damage history, but this E model with the Horton is much more solid at the approach to landing phase. I purchased the airplane with the Horton installed. Glad it is working well on this airplane.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Duch

Sportsmans STOL leading edge cuff 4 weeks 8 hours ago #1723

José,
For work reasons, Larry (José Larrabure) last year moved from Costa Rica to the Seattle area. He still runs his motorcycle trips agency in Costa Rica.

Sportsmans STOL leading edge cuff 4 weeks 21 hours ago #1722

• Jose Duch
  • Subscriber
Hola second Jose, thank you for the link, I had seeing those videos before, but I didn't understand, i they were talking about Idaho back country why a TI registered aircraft was there.
In some of the videos yu can see the speed indicator and almost look like is at way below the white arc.

Sportsmans STOL leading edge cuff 4 weeks 1 day ago #1721

• Scott Kinney
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
For other forum readers, even those who don't have any desire to get a STOL kit, Jose Larrabure's videos are an amazing watch.

He posts on a few Facebook groups I frequent, and I always make time to view his new content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Duch

Sportsmans STOL leading edge cuff 4 weeks 2 days ago #1720

Jose,
A third Jose, Jose Larrabure, has been flying his Costa Rica registered 182 with the Sportsman leading edge in the North America backcountry.
The Sportsman produces an impressive improvement in the older 182s with no factory cuffed leading edge. In newer models the improvement is noticeable but not huge.
Regards,
Jose

Here is a link to Jose Larrabure videos:
www.youtube.com/user/motoadve
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO.

Sportsmans STOL leading edge cuff 4 weeks 2 days ago #1719

• Jose Duch
  • Subscriber
Does any one has this modification done to their 182? In a couple of years I will move back to Idaho and I woud like to go into the back country strips, I'm planning on putting bigger tires also.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds