Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seeking information on C-205

Seeking information on C-205 11 months 1 week ago #533

• cook11
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
Kent,

Thank you for the information!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kent

Seeking information on C-205 11 months 1 week ago #532

• kent
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Something to consider....
No, the 205 is not certified on floats. It wouldn’t hurt for you to verify this with other float manufacturers, but I do not see any floats listed in the FAA STC database for either the 205 or 205A. I can confirm that the 205 is not certified on Wipline floats for sure. As for concerns about a copilot door on the 206—we hear you! That’s why we developed our co-pilot door modification (www.wipaire.com/modifications/mods-206.php#copilot) which greatly improves convenience and safety whether on wheels or floats. So, I’d suggest your member consider a 206 instead as the modifications and aircraft populations are more limited for the 205 and 207; additionally, the 206 is still in production so many improvements come down the pipeline from upgrades Cessna makes on new aircraft and newer used aircraft are available. As for the large cargo door on the 206, it might seem like overkill, but your member would love it on floats. Trying to finagle baggage out of a regular door is annoying on wheels but could end up with you or your baggage going swimming on floats. If your member had any additional 206 questions or wishes to further compare a 205 or 207 against a 206 to better evaluate what is needed for their mission, I’d recommend that they get in touch with Brittnie Brink, our sales representative who specializes in 206s. She is a veritable encyclopedia of 206 information and could be very helpful in determining what airplane would work best for the mission at hand. Of course, we’re happy to help your member find their perfect airplane as well! Brittnie’s email is ; her direct phone line is 651-209-7170.
Hope this helps,
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by kent.

Seeking information on C-205 11 months 1 week ago #531

• cook11
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
Just wondering if the 205 is certified for floats or not? I am looking into the C-205/206 models and I am trying to pinpoint which aircraft is for me. I do like how the 205/early 206 and later P206's have both pilot/copilot doors. I honestly don't know if I really require the U206 cargo doors as I really don't see myself loading huge items in the plane only people and luggage. I would like to have the option of installing amphibs on the aircraft too. I do like how the 207 has both the pilot/copilot door along with the large cargo door, but I have possibly ruled them out due to the enviroments most of them have worked in and to find a lower timed one will be next to impossible and they are rather pricey. I would also prefer a N/A engine rather a turbo.

Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds