Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Autopilot Cessna

Autopilot Cessna 1 month 2 weeks ago #1658

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hello Alain;
Many of the King School courses are available on line. And many courses were offered on CDs in the past. I expect you can find a CD version (slightly used) on eBay.
One of the advantages of using an online of CD course is that you can study the materials at home; and do the practice sessions using your airplane at your airport.
However, if you want to come to the US and enroll in a 206 specific class or a Cessna specific class there are schools listed on the King Schools website.
If you want to get 206 specific training you should google search for a 206 specific training. I did and found: www.paragonflight.com/international-flig...rograms-florida.html.
I suggest that you get the King Course and study it before coming over to the US for 206 specific training.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Autopilot Cessna 1 month 3 weeks ago #1647

Hello,
I saw that in US they provide Cessna Training courses ... I was thinking to register for the 206 training course www.kingschools.com/cessna-flight-training

Autopilot Cessna 1 month 3 weeks ago #1645

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
Alain;
If you can get the U206 for that price, I would do it. In addition to a great price, and zero time engine you will be buying an airplane that is located nearby, so there shouldn't be too many struggles getting ownership transferred to you (or your company).
I'm not sure which Cessna Training course you're referring to. Which one??
Best,
Steve

Autopilot Cessna 1 month 3 weeks ago #1638

Here are the pics...
Attachments:

Autopilot Cessna 1 month 3 weeks ago #1637

Hello Steve,
Thanks again again.
So I visited today the Cessna U206G. I will send you all the info but it seems to be a very good deal. It was owned by a company who was doing alps tour close to my homes.
The plane is really in good condition. They change the engine as an exchange one so zero hoours on it and same for the tripale prop.
Asking price is 130 USD and with some deal with them I could have it for 100 USD.
I will send you pics. There a double door on the pasager side which is very cool.
I discussed with maintenance manager of the company and, as you said, the maintenance cost will be lower on a 206 than a 182.
The 205 option is also great but are 1960 - 1967 airplane .
As I told you the 206 has no autopilot and I will have to install one.

I saw the cessna training course ... is that good ?
Thanks

Alain

Autopilot Cessna 1 month 3 weeks ago #1636

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
Alain;
The TR182 is a good airplane with a somewhat quirky turbo control. It's actually a turbo normalized (not turbo charged) engine. Turbo normalization allows sea level power (235 hp) to be maintained up to approximately 12000 feet if I remember correctly. The turbo wastegate (and manifold pressure) is controlled by the pilot--there's no automatic wastegate controller like on turbocharged Continental engines.
The system does not start to close the wastegate until the throttle-- and carburetor butterfly-- is opened. After that further movement of the throttle knob closes the wastegate. There is what's called a pop off or overboost valve to prevent engine overboost if the throttle is pushed forward to rapidly but the pilot must know that he/she is controlling the turbocharger.
The retractable LG system on the TR182 airplanes is simple, esp. compared to the earlier Cessna retractable systems and as long as there have not been many jarring arrival/landings it will probably provide good service. However, if the airplane has suffered hard service, there is a possibility of cracks in the landing gear retraction housings. The parts can't be repaired and new parts are expensive.
Another option for you would be the Cessna 205 series of airplanes. The 205 was only built in 1963 and 1964, was equipped with a 260 hp Continental IO 470 and is not very well known. Cessna only built 480 205s and 205As. But a 205 has a very dependable IO-470S engine, and a useful load of approximately 1500 pounds. It does not have the large baggage door like a 206, and some models only have 65 gallon fuel capacity but they are a very capable and little known Cessna single. Here is a listing for one in Arizona: www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for...0151/1963-cessna-205.
If you want me to follow up on the 205 listing please let me know. It might be much less expensive to buy it, fly it to the east coast and ship it to your home than to go after the 206.
I believe the maintenance costs for the 205 or 206 will be less than the TR 182 due to the retractable landing gear.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds