Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is a 1963 205 instrument panel interchangeable with early 206?

Is a 1963 205 instrument panel interchangeable with early 206? 3 weeks 2 days ago #1738

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hey Luke;
Thanks for the feedback. I made a new center panel for my Comanche. It took a lot of measuring and planning but in the end it was worth the effort. I got the layout I wanted and everything worked.
I took my existing panel and used that as the blank to work from
Then I took it to someone who could laser or water cut what I wanted, and on to a power coating business for the color.
Don't forget, that there may be some placards that must be on the panel for it to be airworthy. These are listed in the Type Certificate Data Sheet and in a few airworthiness directives.
S
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is a 1963 205 instrument panel interchangeable with early 206? 3 weeks 3 days ago #1731

Reporting back. The p206 panel I tried is not compatible with my 205. It’s about an inch wider. It was worth a try but I’m just going to make my own.

Is a 1963 205 instrument panel interchangeable with early 206? 1 month 10 hours ago #1718

Thanks mate, I think that’s a great idea. Will do, and I’ll report back on the results.

Is a 1963 205 instrument panel interchangeable with early 206? 1 month 10 hours ago #1717

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
I see the panels you're looking at on eBay. My research shows that those panels are for a 1965 210 serial number 58511 and on.
Like I said, there is a money back guarantee, Buy them and see if they will fit.

Is a 1963 205 instrument panel interchangeable with early 206? 1 month 11 hours ago #1716

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
Hi Luke,
I am guessing you do not have the "new" panel you want to install.
If you do, I would remove your plastic overlay and start measuring, and checking how the two panels are secured to the airframe.
If you don't, then I would reach out who ever owns the "new" panel to see if you can get some measurements.
Steve

Is a 1963 205 instrument panel interchangeable with early 206? 1 month 11 hours ago #1715

G'day Steve,
Thanks for the detailed reply! I'm a little confused though as my panel looks completely different. I've attached a photo of my panel... what I'd love to do is to swap it out with one just like you described in the pdf. It would give me 11 instrument positions vs my current 9. I've attached an image from a panel taken from a P206 that I'm hoping can be swapped out? It's reportedly pn 0713792-2 / 1213643-1 / 0713792-6. As long as the dimensions are the same I'm sure me and the A&P can figure out how to hang it securely.
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds