Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1960 cessna 210

1960 cessna 210 5 months 1 week ago #1258

I don’t think there’s a sight glass on this model.
I can’t even find a place where you could even put oil in this model. Thanks for the reply and I may ask a local A&P about it. But I will take any information I can get on this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

1960 cessna 210 5 months 2 weeks ago #1247

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
There is a little sight gage window on the copilots side of the firewall but my buddy told me he put in a new one and still couldn't see the fluid level.
His method is to get a small oil can--the kind you fill with a pint of fluid and then squeeze a lever or push down on a thumb lever, fill it full of Mil H 5606 hydraulic fluid (you can buy it from your local mechanic, or from a aircraft supply store like Aircraft Spruce and Specialty (www.aircraftspruce.com). Here's a link to the stuff you want: www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/h...d5606qt_09-27000.php.
Remove the little screw in the filler fitting and squirt the fluid in until it comes out the overflow.
Then you know it's full. The system will self adjust to the proper level. Which means you'll see hydraulic fluid coming out the powerpack overflow fitting for a couple of flights.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip Church

1960 cessna 210 5 months 3 weeks ago #1244

How do I check the oil level on the powerpac?
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds