Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gear Horn during gear retraction on Takeoff

Gear Horn during gear retraction on Takeoff 2 months 1 week ago #1643

1976 210L
S/N 21061233
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gear Horn during gear retraction on Takeoff 2 months 1 week ago #1641

What year????

Gear Horn during gear retraction on Takeoff 2 months 1 week ago #1629

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 46
There are uplock switches and downlock switches.
If they are all working correctly, then I would have the guy in Ft Worth check the pump pressure.
Glad you found a guy who knows your airplane.
Yes, please let me know what you find.
Thanks
S

Gear Horn during gear retraction on Takeoff 2 months 1 week ago #1628

Thanks Steve!
will these switches effect the extension sequence as well?
yesterday i had the pump keep running on me going down and no green light as well.

i was pointed in the direction to john at cessnarigging.com in ft worth. i think im going to let him take the reigns from here if he can work me in. ive heard really good things about his work.

i'll keep ya posted.

Gear Horn during gear retraction on Takeoff 2 months 1 week ago #1623

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 46
Jason; You may recall that I asked you to take a look at the gear up switches. Has your mechanic checked those switches for security and cleanliness? If all three switches aren't made (closed) the door closed solenoid will not move to the door closed position. If it doesn't move the pressurized fluid will not flow to the pressure switch, which is what turns the motor off.
Air could do it, but you've had a number of successful ops where all was well; I would think that would mean any air is purged.
As I remember, there is a fitting under a little door beside the copilots left foot that is there to check the fluid pressure. Have your mechanic remove the cap and put a 0-2000 psi gauge on that fitting; then check to see what the system pressure is when the gear is operating. The pressure switch is rigged to open at 1500 psi, shutting off the pump.

Gear Horn during gear retraction on Takeoff 2 months 1 week ago #1622

Well after about 6 or 7 successful gear retractions and extensions the issue showed its ugly face again.
On takeoff the pump kept running on gear retraction. I am almost 100% sure the mains were up and locked because i can feel those lock into place pretty well.
I cycled it down and got a green light and then up again and it came up fine..light on and pump stops.
Landed and checked the fluid level again and it was fine.
Took off for another cycle and it performed perfectly up and down. I wanted to do a couple of more retractions and extensions before i stuck it back in the hangar and on extension the pump did not shut off and the green light was still extinguished.
I pulled the circuit breaker and moved the gear handle to the Up position and put the breaker back in and it came up fine.
Did 3 more extensions and retractions and they were all good.

Does this sound like air in the lines? (All hyd hoses for all the gear were recently changed)
I asked the mechanic if this was normal...
I also asked them if they changed them "per the maintenance manual"...thinking there may be a specific procedure for changes those lines to not get air in the system and he said they just removed the old ones and put the new ones on.

Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!

-jason
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds