Cessna 210 Wing Spar AD info

More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #2046 by STEVE ELLS
GREAT NEWS-the FAA today issued a change to the Wing carry through spar inspection and eddy current AD (20-03-16)
An alternative method of compliance (AMOC) issued by the Wichita office of the FAA has extended the required completion date for the two inspections to September 9, 2020.

But, the requirement to complete the inspections called for in the AD within the next 20 flight hours after March 9, 202 remains in effect.

Therefore, this AMOC is not a fly-all-you-want until the month before the compliance date; it's a response to the limitations on travel, gatherings, etc. in place to "flatten the curve" of the Corona virus infection (and death) rates.

I have attached a pdf of the AMOC.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PAOLO MONTANARI, Elijah Tuggle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2045 by Elijah Tuggle
I too just posted a comment to FAA website requesting that the term in which to comply be lengthened due to the global pandemic. This is what I posted:

Docket Number FAA-2020-0156 and Product Identifier 2019-CE-053-AD

To Whom It Concerns,

I request to lengthen the term, in which to comply with AD FAA-2020-0156, due to the global pandemic caused by COVID19. The pandemic is causing an upset in the economy, straining various industries and creating health concerns. Maintenance and service delays are being exacerbated by the pandemic and are creating logistical challenges with the current time given to comply. I believe that a term of 6 months to comply with this AD would reduce logistical challenges caused by the pandemic.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2039 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Paolo;
Very good idea. I'll send that idea around to businesses I know here state side to push for this.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elijah Tuggle

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2038 by PAOLO MONTANARI
I just posted to FAA a comment asking to postpone the term to perform the AD till the end of the year because of the problems due to COVID19.In Europe EASA extended automatically the licences due to the COVID19.In Italy ENAC issue a NOTAM which grounded all the non commercial general aviation aircrafts till the 14th of june just getting impossible to relocate any aircraft to the maintenance shopps to perform the AD within the imposed terms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elijah Tuggle

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #2011 by Kent Dellenbusch
Hi Jaime,
Reach out to Ross at Airframe Components. He might have one or know of someone who does.

www.airframecomponents.com/

Also, go to the Parts Locating request form under Members and fill out a request form. I will reach out to our supporters.
www.cessnaflyer.org/members/parts-locating.html
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Kent Dellenbusch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaime Hernandez

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #2010 by Jaime Hernandez
Hi All,
I just perform the eddy inspection of the wing spar of my Cessna 210K, and we found corrosion and a 0,6 inch crack.. Textron structures told me that wing spar needs to be replace, Unfortunately this part is no longer available since 2007. They also told me that they are probably thinking in building it again, since some aircraft will need it.
Is good to found this on the ground, but I really hope to fly again my 210.
I just put new avionics and also has a factory reman engine.
Any suggestions of finding this use but usable?
Any suggestions on a experience Cessna 210 service center in US?

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Jaime Hernandez.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds