Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IO470 engines tachometer issues

IO470 engines tachometer issues 1 year 11 months ago #229

• Scott Sherer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Bailey,

I'm looking forward to meeting you. Regarding lub'ing your cables, ask your mechanic as I'm not sure how they are routed in your plane. I had mine done once and got about a year out of them before I gave up and got the R-1's.

Best,

Scott Sherer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

IO470 engines tachometer issues 1 year 11 months ago #228

I will try and catch you at Oskosh nect Thursday, providing the 310 does the trip from Tampa FL.
Cheers,
Bailey Nelson

IO470 engines tachometer issues 1 year 11 months ago #227

Hi Scott,
Thanks so much for the fast reply. No mention in log books of any tacho work. I couldnt see from the part CD if it was cable driven from engines of electrical? I check R1 price online at $499 per unit. seems good value. I presume the overahul of dash mounted tach display unit wont be cheap. Are cables easy to lubricate as a quick check or does most of the dash need to be taken apart to get at them?? The Io470 engines are about 230hrs SFRM on each side.

IO470 engines tachometer issues 1 year 11 months ago #226

• Scott Sherer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi,
My guess would be that either the tachometer needs overhaul (when was that last done?) or that your tach cables are worn out and need either lubrication or replacement. I replaced both my tachs with two Electronics International R-1 tachometers. They're totally accurate and have no mechanical cables. They're a good buy on a budget.

Best,
Scott Sherer

IO470 engines tachometer issues 1 year 11 months ago #225

Im flyijmg a C310Q and over the last few months the left tacho needle is slow to come alive, usually back to normal after takeoff. shows nothing during taxi at low idel, sometimes comes alive again at run ups. last few flights both needles didnt come alive till after climb out at 1500'. not life threatening but annoying. My guess is that the guage is defective?? has anyone come across this before and whats the best check to determine diagnosis.

cheers
Bailey69HB
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds