205 vs 206

More
4 years 6 months ago #356 by CFA Staff 10
Replied by CFA Staff 10 on topic 205 vs 206
Good luck, Doug. I'm sure you'll find the perfect bird! Post a pic once you get it :)

Happy Holidays,

Scott Sherer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #355 by Doug Logsdon
Replied by Doug Logsdon on topic 205 vs 206
Scott,
Thanks for the responce. Parts and maintenance is defenatly a major factor.

Doug

More
4 years 6 months ago #354 by CFA Staff 10
Replied by CFA Staff 10 on topic 205 vs 206
Hi, as I understand it the 205 was only made by Cessna for two years and is around only in very limited quantities. Since maintenance and parts are of major concern, I would stay away from this airplane unless there is a strong enough, compelling reason to overlook lack of experienced maintenance personnel and difficult to find parts. The 206 is an outstanding airplane that sounds like it would fit your needs, as is the Piper Cherokee 6/Lance/Saratoga. Good luck in your search and keep us informed as to what plane to switch to.

Best regards,
Scott Sherer

More
4 years 6 months ago #353 by Doug Logsdon
205 vs 206 was created by Doug Logsdon
Need good Intel. I currently own a 1964 cherokee 235. This plane has been rock solid for me over the years and a beauty to fly. I am now involved in a new start up in the golf industry which requires me to fly four 225 lbs guys around golf bags and one over night bag . Talking with several pilots the 206 is the plane for me. After doing some searching I came across the 205, which I am totally intreauged in. For some reason I cannot get a non bias reason from these Cessna owners on the 205. in fact the response is the 205 is a dog and I should avoid it at all cost. After looking at the specs of the 205, it meets all the reqiuremts I would possibly need and I like the nestalge of the first of its kind. Can any of the Cessna owners reading this give me a logical assessment based on facts as to why the 205 should not considered ?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds