Please Log in to join the conversation.

• David Kagey
  • David Kagey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
5 months 1 day ago #2942 by David Kagey
Replied by David Kagey on topic Secondary seat stop
Thanks Steve. I ended up finding one at an aircraft salvage yard and its been installed and working good.
I had wondered about the glue idea but wasn’t sure about the legality. I might still try as I have the broken assembly. Any idea on a glue that might work on dense plastic like this?

More
5 months 6 days ago #2936 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Secondary seat stop
Hi David,
I've made a little more progress on this.

Before I go on I have a question.

Can the part that broke be glued back on without compromising the operation of the assembly?
If so, there are some very effective glues that will make a strong bond between the two mating surfaces. I suggest you get with your mechanic and ask what he thinks about a glued up repair.

Cessna issued service bulletin SEB 10-01 in March of 2010. It read:
"It has been determined that 505590-401 Reel Assemblies (505589-401 Inertia Reels) with a date code of A0408 or A0508 may not operate correctly and shall be replaced with 505590-403 Reel Assemblies."

So the part number for the correct secondary seat stop interia reel assy is 505590-403.

I found a note that read:
*The 505590-403 Reel Assembly is made up of these three components:
·505530-405 Cable Assembly
·502457-1 Cable End Nut
·505589-403 Inertia Reel.

Unfortunately I don't know what is included with any of these part numbers so I can't tell you which one will work to replace your broken part.

You can buy the compete assy (505590-403) for just over $600 here: cessnadirect.com/505590-403 .
The cable assy (505590-405) is available from the same source for just over $125.

You can also try to get a used one through a salvage yard. We suggest you contact one of the yards that advertise with Cessna Flyer. They are Preferred AirParts ( www.preferredairparts.com/ ) and Wentworth Aircraft. ( www.wentworthaircraft.com/ )

Please keep my up to date on your actions.

Thanks
Steve

More
5 months 6 days ago #2935 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Secondary seat stop
Hi David,
I checked out Cessna service bulletin SEB 7-5 Rev 4 and now understand what broke off.

Please relay all information on the data plate on the barrel of the inertia reel portion of the seat stop.

That will give me a good idea of where to start chasing down your problem.

Steve

PS Please tell me your airplane model, year and serial number, or the N number.

S

• David Kagey
  • David Kagey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
5 months 6 days ago - 5 months 6 days ago #2934 by David Kagey
Secondary seat stop was created by David Kagey
Have an issue with a secondary seat stop. Apparently a rear passenger hit it with something and broke the little plastic piece that attaches the cable to the reel. So far, no luck in finding just that piece and my option seems to be to spend $600 on a complete new assembly
Anyone run into this in the past and have a solution?
Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by David Kagey.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds