Goulding's Lodge in Monument Valley (UT25)

More
3 months 1 week ago #2216 by richard heinichen
Just about everywhere is over. I remember camping in Yosemite, in the summer, and the campgrounds were not full. But that was when they did the fire-fall every night. And in the winter there was only the bears and a few campers.. oh the 60's were a delight.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #2211 by MARTIN WEAVER
Get there before they ruin it. My wife and I were there twenty years ago, and again last year. The difference depressed us. What was once unspoiled is now becoming a commercial sideshow. We will never go back, and I cannot recommend going there. If, however, you are determined to see the place, then go before they make it even worse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard heinichen

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2156 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Glynn;
Thanks for the heads up. It's on the list.
Steve

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #2138 by Glynn Dennis
This is a "Bucket List" destination. The flight alone is worth the trip, but there is sooo much more to do after arrival. The lodge has a very good restaurant right on the premises, a gift shop (of course), and a museum. Additionally, the lodge has several guided tours through the valley that are a must-do. Finally, a sunrise flight through the area is breathtaking. Spring is a great time of the year to make the trip before it gets too hot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOHN OWENS

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds