Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Contactor

Contactor 9 months 1 week ago #812

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
The old (Cessna) contactor consisted of two large studs where the power wires were connected. The single small wire was part of what I call the actuation circuit and is connected to power from the start position of the magneto switch--the other end of that "small wire" circuit; the ground end of the circuit--is connected internally to the case of the contactor . When the contactor was bolted into position the ground end of the small wire circuit is connected through the case to ground.
The newer Skytec contactors do not connect either end of the actuation (small wire) circuit to ground internally. Instead the "other or ground end" of the actuation circuit is connected to the other small terminal.
In order to complete the small wire circuit, the existing small wire is attached to (S 1) of the small wire studs, and the other stud (S2) is attached to ground through a small jumper wire.
One of the small terminals has to be connected to the start circuit, or the single existing small wire; the other is connected to ground.
Grounding is usually done with a small jumper wire with a small terminal on one end to connect to the other stud on the small wire circuit; the other end has a large terminal and it usually installed under one of the large contactor mounting bolts.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Contactor 9 months 2 weeks ago #798

• Mark Dean
  • Subscriber
I replaced my contactor with a Sky-Tec STS-A12! This unit has 2 small S1/S2 terminals and the instructions say to connect the single small with to the S ternimal? Which one???
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds