Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Prop Guard Leading Edge Tape

Prop Guard Leading Edge Tape 6 months 1 week ago #903

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Interesting topic. I've seen this product for years, but like you had never run into anyone I knew that used it.
I reasoned that I rarely take my airplane where the prop would need protection but then I remembered the rain and water erosion I've seen on Alaska float planes.
Interested in what others have to say.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Prop Guard Leading Edge Tape 6 months 2 weeks ago #894

• Lance Hudspeth
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
I went ahead and replaced a eight inch section on the one blade where it had a "chip" out of it. I heated it a bit with a hair dryer & it slowly pulled off. The gray paint & white tip stripe underneath was slightly discolored, but didn't peel off. Where the tape had the "chip" the blade had nothing, so who knows, maybe it does have some protecting ability ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Phillips

Prop Guard Leading Edge Tape 6 months 2 weeks ago #893

Have you not flown it in the last 15 years?? LOL (kidding) ...sounds like a great product that I would also be interested in using if it's that good!! I'm curious to hear if anyone else is using it with success. I can tell you I have not done it yet because I'm worried that if it doesn't work.... will I need to refurbish the whole prop to the tune of $1,000 to take it off?? I'll be watching for responses.

Prop Guard Leading Edge Tape 6 months 2 weeks ago #890

• Lance Hudspeth
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello all. My 182 had Prop Guard by Mcfarlane on the leading edges when I purchased the plane. I received a kit to go back and replace chipped/damaged sections. I've got a section on one blade that I should replaced now. My question is, what are the opinions on this product ? On one hand - my three blade prop is 15 years old and has no chips or dings showing, so it's a good product ? But, if it's so great, and, its inexpensive, why doesn't everybody use it ? Just curious what the consensus is. Thanks !
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds