Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Flap failure

Flap failure 5 months 2 days ago #936

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi, Uneven fuel flow from the left and right tanks is "normal" for many Cessna singles. If is caused by the design of the fuel tank venting system. Fuel is free to flow out of both banks but the flowage is complicated by the fact that the vent tube, which is located behind the upper end of the left wing strut, directs ram air into the outer end of the left fuel tank. The theory is that this positive air pressure on the left tank creates uneven air pressures between the left and right fuel tanks.
There's more to the explanation it's not abnormal. There's no evidence that this ever results in fuel that won't flow to the engine. When Cessna re introduced the 172 and 182 in 1996 and 1997, there were individual vents for each tank.

About your flaps. Before you and your mechan ic snatch off the flap motor, check to see that the connections to the switches behind the panel in the flap pre select system are tight. And that the small switches have not slid or come loose in the slots they are mounted to. I've fixed many a Cessna 182 with pre select flaps by tightening up the small screws that secure the flap position micro switches in the flap pre select system.

Let me know what you find.
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Flap failure 5 months 6 days ago #932

Hey everybody was looking for a little advice on 2 issues with my 182P. Anyone have a solution to uneven fuel drawl from tanks. Even flying on both my left tank is always 5-7 gallons lower when I land. The second thing is last nite flying to dinner had no flaps when approaching the airport. I haven’t put a tester to it yet but assuming it’s the motor any idea what this will cost to have repaired?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds