Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Refinishing Systems

Refinishing Systems 1 month 1 day ago #1037

Thanks Steve!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Refinishing Systems 1 month 4 weeks ago #1020

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Julio,
This link has more information on the use of Pre Kote: www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pdf/09-00825instruct.pdf

Refinishing Systems 1 month 4 weeks ago #1019

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi Julio;
Pre Kote can be used in place of Alodine. You'll be fine using it instead of Alodine.

Refinishing Systems 2 months 1 week ago #1009

Hi,
I’m about to do a complete strip and refinish of my 1979 182Q. I’m doing research on which method or technique is best. Where I’m based (coastal airport in tropical Philippines) the usual method is chemical paint remover, wash, alumiprep 33, Alodine 1201, epoxy primer and polyurethane top coat.
From my research however, there seems to be a trend against use of harsh chemicals. Alodine for example is extremely hard to find and importing the product from the US entails a lot of hazmat requirements. So far I am looking at Stewart Systems but is kind of expensive. Another option is chemical stripper then Extreme Simple Green Aircraft Cleaner ang PreKote. PreKote seems to have a lot of good reviews. Then epoxy primer and finally polyurethane top coat.
Does anybody have any experience with the above mentioned methods? Can anyone make recommendations?
Thanks in advance.

Julio Manalo
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds