TOPIC: 175A Push/Pull Switches

175A Push/Pull Switches 1 week 6 days ago #1770

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Jason,
Thanks for the update.
S
The administrator has disabled public write access.

175A Push/Pull Switches 2 weeks 14 hours ago #1768

The Corrosion X didn’t help any so I found some used switches at Dawson Aircraft and eBay.

I replaced the landing switch and it works like it should. The replacement has a much stiffer detent than my original one so I imagine the contacts are very worn on the original. I hope the new master takes the slight oscillation out of the ammeter, but I haven’t received that one yet.

Thanks for all the help,
Jason
Last Edit: 2 weeks 14 hours ago by Jason Hughes.

175A Push/Pull Switches 2 weeks 5 days ago #1759

Thanks Steve. That was very informative.

I will try the Corrosion X in the switches as I have that on hand. I have found a few used switches online that I will try if the Corrsion X does not work.

I’ll look up the Service Bulletin and decide if I want to go that route if necessary.

Thanks again,
Jason

175A Push/Pull Switches 2 weeks 5 days ago #1755

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hey Jason;
The short answer is that replacement switches have to be the same ones that were in that model airplane when it was sold by Cessna. R & R in the original type switches requires no additional approval.
Switching to different switches require some kind of approval. The approval can be in the form of a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) which is a FAA approved addition to the original aircraft Type Certificate, or replacement switches can be approved through what's called a Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA). Replacement switches that have been built in accordance with the specifications in a Technical Standard Order (TSO) may also be installed and the only approval that's required is a log book entry
You can get more information on approvals in this article written by Kristin Winter, a writer for Piper Flyer. www.cessnaflyer.org/maintenance-tech/ite...nd-applications.html.
The part numbers for the master is 0713026-5; the nav light switch is 0713026-4, and the landing light is 0713035.
Cessna issued Single Engine Service Bulletin SEB 93-15 which provided part numbers for service kits to replace your original push pull switches. These kits seem to still be available. Cost ranges from $62 to $126 per kit.
If you switches aren't working well, you should try to revive them by spraying a contact cleaner/lubricant into the switch and working it in and out. One product that does a good job of this is Corrosion X, which can be purchased at aviation supply houses such as Aircraft Spruce and Specialty (www.aircraftspruce.com).
You can also find used original style switches at aircraft salvage yard such as Wentworth and Preferred Air Parts.
Try refurbing your existing switches; if one if broken or inop, you'll be able to find a used one at a salvage yard. I believe all salvage yards offer a money back no questions asked guarantee on parts if returned promptly.
Keep in touch and let me know how this works out
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Hughes

175A Push/Pull Switches 2 weeks 6 days ago #1754

Aircraft Spruce or Edmo should be able to hook you up

175A Push/Pull Switches 2 weeks 6 days ago #1753

Hello All,

I have a 175A with the original push/pull switches for the master, landing lights, nav lights, etc. I am trying to find a suitable replacement for these switches. Can anyone give me a good source to replace these switches? I would prefer an updated versions or even a toggle switch and not NOS if possible. I'm still new to the ownership side of certified aircraft, so I am a little confused on what I can use for replacements.

Thanks,

Jason
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds