1975 310 R Fuel Managment

• joey murray
  • joey murray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
8 years 2 months ago #142 by joey murray
Replied by joey murray on topic 1975 310 R Fuel Managment
Steve, yes this helps a lot. we are completing a makeover on a 1975 310 R, added a/c, new g500, g530, STEC 55, new engines and are getting ready to start flying it and are looking for all the help we can get on how the systems work.

thanks for your help,

Joey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #141 by Jen D
Replied by Jen D on topic 1975 310 R Fuel Managment
Hi Joey! Here's an answer from Steve Ells:

There are two pumps in each main tank in a 310R. One is the auxiliary pump--it is turned on to prime the engine for starting or to provide fuel pressure if the engine-driven fuel pump fails. It's turned on from the cockpit.
The second pump is called the transfer pump. It's located on the aft side of the main fuel tank bulkhead. This pump is ON whenever the master switch is on. It is there to transfer fuel from the nose section of the main tank to the center section. This pump insures that fuel will be available when the fuel quantity is low and during steep descents.
You don't want to pull the CB while operating the airplane, but it's OK to pull it (and flag it to make sure it's reset before flying) during maintenance or avionics work.
Does that answer your question?
Steve

• joey murray
  • joey murray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
8 years 2 months ago #140 by joey murray
1975 310 R Fuel Managment was created by joey murray
my question regards the fuel management on a 310 R with mains and auxiliary tanks. is there a fuel transfer pump on board, or do you simply cross feed the fuel? the seller of the aircraft told us to pull the breaker on the landing gear to keep the auxiliary fuel pump from running. my avionics guy thinks the the motor for the landing lights simply run on and that is the reason to pull the breaker.

does anyone have any advice for me?

Joey

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds