SE73-25 elevator trim tab actuator service

More
1 week 6 days ago #3131 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic SE73-25 elevator trim tab actuator service
H Lawrence,

Lubricating the actuator is shown in the service manual in Chapter 2 of the service manual for your airplane.

Chapter 9 has a very detailed set of instructions on how to remove, disassemble, clean, inspect, (with specifications), re-lube and reassemble.

Cessna Service Letter SE73-25 was issued (in 1973) suggests that the actuator be removed every 1000 hrs, or 3 years to be inspected and re-lubed.

Cessna makes all this service information available for free on its website. However, none of the Cessna service bulletins, letters, etc. is mandatory in this country.

You can get your actuator overhauled by McFarlane Aviation ( www.McFarlaneAviation.com ) for $450, a company called The Aviation Group will overhaul it for $475. A new actuator from McFarlane is improved over the original Cessna actuator. It sells for $1810 + a $150 core charge ($1960 outright)

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LAWRENCE KORONA
  • LAWRENCE KORONA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
1 week 6 days ago #3129 by LAWRENCE KORONA
Replied by LAWRENCE KORONA on topic SE73-25 elevator trim tab actuator service
Thanks for everyone's reply.
So I assume that this is a item that needs to be addressed. Also I assume that ignoring this service can result in trim issues?

I'm astonished that in my 30 years of owning this plane, no mechanic has ever mentioned anything about this service. Have you found that this service is common?

More
2 weeks 16 hours ago #3125 by STEVE ELLS
Ah ha!

That I didn't know.

Please send me your latest catalog.

Steve Ells
179 Niblick Rd #310
Paso Robles, CA 93446

Thanks,
Steve

More
2 weeks 23 hours ago #3124 by McFarlane Aviation
Replied by McFarlane Aviation on topic SE73-25 elevator trim tab actuator service
Thank you Steve!

McFarlane also offers the overhaul at $495. There is more information on our website at www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/section/servic...ervices-mc1260074-1/

If you have any additional questions, Jason Blaylock will be the best point of contact for you, you can reach him at 866-920-2741 ext 347

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #3119 by STEVE ELLS
Hi,
I would recommend that you take steps to inspect and service your trim tab actuator.

If your mechanic hasn't done one before, a company called The Aviation Group ( www.theaviationgroup.com ) will overhaul it for you at a flat rate of $450.

It will be returned with a 8130 airworthy tag and has a 6 month warranty.

Another option is to buy a new one from McFarlane Aviation. ( www.mcfarlaneaviation.com ) The cost for a new one is slightly more than $1800.

Best,
Steve

• LAWRENCE KORONA
  • LAWRENCE KORONA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
3 weeks 22 hours ago #3113 by LAWRENCE KORONA
SE73-25 elevator trim tab actuator service was created by LAWRENCE KORONA
I have a 1976 C172M and I've came across this Cessna service letter from 1973. Since I have a 1976 model, I was wondering if this maintenance applies to my plane. Looking in the logs the service described in SE73-25 has never been done, and in my 30 years owning the plane no mechanic has ever mentioned it to me, Is this something one would recommend doing?

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds