Window Replacement. Recommendations/Sources for C182 Windows

• JOHN OWENS
  • JOHN OWENS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #2430 by JOHN OWENS
Thank you Steve for the reference Companies and information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #2428 by STEVE ELLS
Hi,
The rear windows from any vendor should be pretty uniform; in other words you'll be OK with any vendor. Great Lakes Aero Products ( www.glapinc.com ) is a Cessna Flyer advertiser so we would like to send business there.
I have also worked with windows from Cessna but I wouldn't today because of the high cost and the ready availability of other quality suppliers.
I have known both the folks at Great Lakes and the people at L P Aeroplastics ( lpaero.com/ ) for years. Both companies are good, and both companies have loads of information on windows on their websites.
You will also be able to find videos in YouTube on Cessna window replacement techniques.
I have never installed the UV blocking windows but I might in the future since it seems to be a great feature.

• JOHN OWENS
  • JOHN OWENS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #2426 by JOHN OWENS
Are the Windows supplied by the various Vendors different in quality? I know they offer some tint options and are regulated by the FAA, but my question is from the technicians standpoint, ease and accurate fit. Then also quality of Plastic. Anyone have experiences to share? Replacing my rear Two piece Rear C812 window in next 6 weeks and need to get this item ordered. Thanks for any input.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds