Alcor

More
8 months 1 week ago #3145 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Alcor
Hi Lyle;
It is compatible with your bladders and approved for use in your airplane.
Lead used to be a much bigger problem than it is today since today's avgas is really Very Low Lead when compared to the fuel of 15 years ago.

It' toxic so should be handled with care. You'll need to buy a calibrated dispenser in addition to the TCP Fuel Treatment.

If lead is a problem, I suggest you learn to lean your engine aggressively on the ground. Lead in the fuel will exit through the tail pipe with the exhaust if combustion temperatures are above 900 deg F.
Below that temp, the lead finds a place and is cooked on.

The TCP helps vaporize the lead at the lower combustion temperatures.

It won't hurt to try it. It and aggressive leaning during taxi and run up should eliminate most of your lead fouling problems.

Let me know how it works out.

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lyle Mann
  • Lyle Mann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
8 months 1 week ago #3141 by Lyle Mann
Alcor was created by Lyle Mann
I found the article in the last Cessna Flyer of interest regarding no lead fuel. Does anyone have any experience using Alcor fuel additive. We have a Continental O-470 L in our 182. Will Alcor diminish lead deposits in the engine and is it compatible with the fuel bladders and fuel system. I noticed that it calls for 1 oz. per gallon of fuel and lists for $49.95 per quart at Aircraft Spruce. Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds