× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

STOL kits and Vortex Generators

• ROD KLEISS
  • ROD KLEISS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 years 2 months ago #1131 by ROD KLEISS
Replied by ROD KLEISS on topic STOL kits and Vortex Generators
I looked there Jose and saw a lot of opinions about a lot of different planes. I'm not interested specifically in back country. I'd just like to land slower and reduce my stall speeds without affecting performance . And I am interested in an educated evaluation of the pros and cons of vortex generators and various STOL kits for that purpose.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 years 2 months ago #1122 by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO
Replied by JOSE LOPEZ DEL PUERTO on topic STOL kits and Vortex Generators
If your intention is to operate in and out of short rustic land strips, your best source of information is BP. The most experienced backcountry pilots are there and STOL modifications have been discussed ad nauseam.

backcountrypilot.org/forum/vortex-generators-3782?start=60

• ROD KLEISS
  • ROD KLEISS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 years 2 months ago #1121 by ROD KLEISS
STOL kits and Vortex Generators was created by ROD KLEISS
I have a 172XP. As I look at upgrading incrementally, I have begun looking at vortex generators and STOL kits. There seems to be a pretty convincing majority that consider vortex generators to be worth the investment. I don't see the same unanimity in comments on STOL kits. There are quite a few differing opinions on how well they function and on the various brands available. It sure would be nice to have an article devoted to that subject.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds