Sure fly magneto

More
2 years 7 months ago #1686 by Steve Rhode
Replied by Steve Rhode on topic Sure fly magneto

Steve your writing is odd. Seems you might work for sure fly?
The mag was nothing but trouble and finally quit at 10000 feet. Declared a emergency. Got good help from ATC

Richard,

This is just my opinion but I believe Steve Ells advice is reasonable. You have not shared enough information on what the cause of the failure was. Stuff breaks and it can be scary as heck. Declaring an emergency is never a good time. I should know.

I had not heard of SureFly until I read your posting so I'm absolutely not defending them here.

The mark of a great company, in my opinion, is how they react to an issue. How did SureFly respond when you brought the failure to their attention? Contacting the GM and asking for help resolving the problem is, in my opinion, always a great place to start.

In my case, I have the Electroair which is typically great but I did have a coil failure which they replaced. But when I had an alternator failure it wasn't going to do me any good once the battery died.

What I'd love to hear about is how SureFly assisted you, if they did, after the issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• richard heinichen
  • richard heinichen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #1685 by richard heinichen
Replied by richard heinichen on topic Sure fly magneto
Steve your writing is odd. Seems you might work for sure fly?
The mag was nothing but trouble and finally quit at 10000 feet. Declared a emergency. Got good help from ATC

More
2 years 7 months ago #1682 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Sure fly magneto
Hi Richard;
I sound to me that you're dissatisfied with the SureFly electronic mag.
What seems to be the problem??

And although you've probably already done this, the first step in resolving problems, especially if the component is a first installation, is to review the installation instructions to make sure the problem isn't caused by a misunderstanding of the instructions.

Of course, if after you've re-checked the installation and verified it's correct and the SureFly still isn't performing well, you should always contact the manufacturer to see if it can resolve the issue. Jason Hutchinson is the general manager at SureFly. His email is: .

Please tell me why you're dissatisfied.
Steve

More
2 years 7 months ago #1681 by Steve Rhode
Replied by Steve Rhode on topic Sure fly magneto
Curious, are you having issues with it? I happen to have an electroair.

• richard heinichen
  • richard heinichen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #1679 by richard heinichen
Sure fly magneto was created by richard heinichen
Sure fly magneto. Am I the only dumb person to install one?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds