Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sure fly magneto

Sure fly magneto 1 month 1 week ago #1692

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi Richard,
Thanks for the update on your bad experience with the SureFly replacement mag.
I do not work for them; my response was based on what you posted in your first message. I didn't have much to work with so I ran down some basic trouble shooting ideas.
I am very interested in your experience with SureFly. It hasn't been on the market long and so I don't have much feedback. If it works as advertised, it seems like a step forward over the mechanical magneto but if it's troublesome, then SureFly has some more work to do.
Glad you got your money back;
Best,
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sure fly magneto 1 month 1 week ago #1689

My mark of a good company is to make something that works.

Sure fly magneto 1 month 1 week ago #1688

My mechanic worked with sure fly to try to time it right. Thinking it was right I headed to Oshkosh from Austin. I had a few hesitations on the way.
I complained to S Fly when there and to Lycoming. Everyone says it was a sticking valve.
Four hours out of Oshkosh it died. I had it replaced with a new slick. Ran fine. As of this time they still don’t know what happened. This is frightening. They are going to crash someone. It is a complete piece of trash and should be removed from the market.
I did get my money back. I’ll never attempt to modify my engine again. But I did install a parachute. 1999 182 S.

Sure fly magneto 1 month 1 week ago #1686

• Steve Rhode
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
Steve your writing is odd. Seems you might work for sure fly?
The mag was nothing but trouble and finally quit at 10000 feet. Declared a emergency. Got good help from ATC

Richard,

This is just my opinion but I believe Steve Ells advice is reasonable. You have not shared enough information on what the cause of the failure was. Stuff breaks and it can be scary as heck. Declaring an emergency is never a good time. I should know.

I had not heard of SureFly until I read your posting so I'm absolutely not defending them here.

The mark of a great company, in my opinion, is how they react to an issue. How did SureFly respond when you brought the failure to their attention? Contacting the GM and asking for help resolving the problem is, in my opinion, always a great place to start.

In my case, I have the Electroair which is typically great but I did have a coil failure which they replaced. But when I had an alternator failure it wasn't going to do me any good once the battery died.

What I'd love to hear about is how SureFly assisted you, if they did, after the issue.

Sure fly magneto 1 month 1 week ago #1685

Steve your writing is odd. Seems you might work for sure fly?
The mag was nothing but trouble and finally quit at 10000 feet. Declared a emergency. Got good help from ATC

Sure fly magneto 1 month 1 week ago #1682

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi Richard;
I sound to me that you're dissatisfied with the SureFly electronic mag.
What seems to be the problem??

And although you've probably already done this, the first step in resolving problems, especially if the component is a first installation, is to review the installation instructions to make sure the problem isn't caused by a misunderstanding of the instructions.

Of course, if after you've re-checked the installation and verified it's correct and the SureFly still isn't performing well, you should always contact the manufacturer to see if it can resolve the issue. Jason Hutchinson is the general manager at SureFly. His email is: .

Please tell me why you're dissatisfied.
Steve
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds