Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2018 Oshkosh

2018 Oshkosh 8 months 3 weeks ago #837

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi Doug;
I too noticed the large rate change last year compared to the year before. In 2016 I had to pinch myself at the service from Enterprise. The agency has it's office in Stevens Point yet there was no special "Oshkosh" premium prices. That changed last year.
I have no idea what to expect this year. The best rates I've ever gotten for rental cars to use at OSH come when I fly commercial into Milwaukee. 90 mile drive to OSH. But who wants to fly Commercial to OSH?
I haven't thought about my OSH rental car yet, but if I fly my Comanche to Waupaca, I'll pay the freight because I, like you find Waupaca a much more peaceful, affordable and easier and safer airport to fly into and out of.
Last year I flew into an out of OSH with another pilot and got a crick in my neck trying to find other airplanes as we departed to head west.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2018 Oshkosh 8 months 3 weeks ago #836

• DOUGLAS VINCENT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the reply and ionformation. At least others were stung by Enterprise.

Only game in town and can charge what they want.

I think each area is on their own so Enterprise has little say. IO play to at least bring up the problem to Enterprise corporate and see what happ[ens. I have been told to take a hike by more iomportant. Will let you know if any progress is made.

2018 Oshkosh 8 months 3 weeks ago #835

• Jen D
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Doug,
In year's past Enterprise has waived the dropoff fee or had a reasonable fee and were always willing to work with us. Last year they increased the rates dramatically and wouldn't budge.
The City of Waupaca stepped up and sponsored a bus to get folks back and forth between the airport and hotel on Saturday (the day of most of our arrivals). We'll be looking to do that again this year and we have the bus transportation to and from the AirVenture grounds Monday - Wednesday.
That doesn't help folks needing to rent a car for other transportation, of course.

- Jen

2018 Oshkosh 8 months 3 weeks ago #834

• DOUGLAS VINCENT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Does Enterprise Car Rental offer a discount to Cessna Flyer Members flying into Waupaca? Seems like in the past they did.

Last year they evidently changed personnel. Less than friendly, barely patronizing and extremly expensive, even to long time Enterprise members. Very high charge for drop off and pick up. Felt like they had the attitude " You flying in for Oshkosh and have no choice so we are going to stick you for all we can.

Did other Cessna Flyer members have the same experience?

Waupaca FBO as always are very professional and friendly..

Anyone needing maintenance at Waupaca talk to Richard. Good and knowledgeable mechanic. Charges are in reason as he does not try to take advantage of you and the situation . He helped us out of a bind a number of years ago.

We started going into Waupaca years ago due to the Gathering. Much better than Oshkosh and the others surrounding airports.

Doug Vincent
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds