Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Skytec contactor

Skytec contactor 9 months 2 weeks ago #807

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
The old (Cessna) contactor consisted of two large studs where the power wires were connected. The single small wire was part of what I call the actuation circuit and is connected to the power--the other end of that "small wire" circuit was connected to the case of the contactor internally. When the contactor was bolted into position the other end of the small wire circuit is connected through the case to ground.
The newer Skytec contactors do not connect one end of the actuation (small wire) circuit to ground internally. Instead the "other end" of the actuation circuit is connected to the other small terminal.
In order to complete the small wire circuit, power is attached to one of the small wire studs, and the other is attached to ground through a small jumper wire.
One of the small terminals has to be connected to the "hot" side of the contactor; the other is connected to ground.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Skytec contactor 9 months 3 weeks ago #799

• Mark Dean
  • Subscriber
I’m replacing the contactor inline with the external power receptacle and the old Cessna part has one small terminal and the new Skytec has 2? The instructions say to connect the small wire to the S terminal? Ok! Which one? S1 or S2 terminal?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds