Cesna150/180hp

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #2244 by Jen D
Replied by Jen D on topic Cesna150/180hp
Hi Mark,
We ran an article about the Texas Taildragger conversion in the September 2019 issue. You can find that here: 0919 Cessna Flyer magazine

Here's some info we found when researching the article:

Editor’s note: A call with the Porterville Airport manager confirmed that Del-Air is still in business, though they are often difficult to reach on the first try. Leave a message at Del-Air 559-784-9440.
Someone will call you back.

Let us know how the search goes. We'd love to do a write-up if you end up doing the conversion.

Blue skies,
Jen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2240 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Cesna150/180hp
David Lowe at www.taildraggeraviation.com has a STC to convert certain 150s to taildraggers.

There's a company that does the "Texas Taildragger" is www.airmodsflightcenter.com/advert/cessna-152-taildragger .

I believe a company called Del Aire (559-784-9440) also has the STC for the Texas Taildragger but I don't know if Chris still does.

Let me know if one of these will work for you.
Steve

More
3 weeks 22 hours ago #2232 by mark allen
Replied by mark allen on topic Cesna150/180hp
did you find any STC to convert to taildragger ?

More
3 weeks 22 hours ago #2231 by mark allen
Replied by mark allen on topic Cesna150/180hp
I have a 1966 150G float plane, want to add front gear box to fly as tail dragger in winter, are there any active STC to convert out there,

More
8 months 1 day ago - 8 months 1 day ago #1775 by Andrew Reed
Replied by Andrew Reed on topic Cesna150/180hp
Bush conversions out of KS is horrible for communication. I have decided not to use them.
I do have a lead on the Del-Air stc. But may go 150hp instead. I have been in contact with Del Air and I may be able to just purchase the stc and docs only from them. And fabricate all the parts myself(AP/IA). Thanks for all your help guys.
Last edit: 8 months 1 day ago by Andrew Reed.

More
8 months 1 day ago #1774 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Cesna150/180hp
Andrew, There is a STC issued to Bob and Barb Williams of Wichita, KS. for the installation of a 180 hp engine in 150 K, L and M models and the 152. It was issued in 1991. I have worked customer support for Cessna owners since 1994 and my experience in dealing with the owners of this STC has been dismal.
I haven't tried to work with them recently, so things may have changed. I can't say.

Within the last 20 years companies selling STCs have started including a document in the STC package citing that the STC is issued for a single airplane that is defined by N number and serial number.

I don't know where else you can find the paperwork, short of typing what you want in your favorite search engine.

I'll see what I can find and get back to you.

Steve

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds