EGTs on G1000 Skyhawks

More
1 week 6 days ago #2163 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic EGTs on G1000 Skyhawks
Please report back to let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 hours ago #2158 by GLIDEWELL AVIATION, INC.
Order fast response EGT from Electronics International today and will check for operation at the next 100 hour this month and I’ll report back. $91 versus $380 would be a great savings.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2154 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic EGTs on G1000 Skyhawks
Hi, This info may be slightly out of date, and it was pulled from the G-1000 manual for a DA 40 but it appears the correct part number for an EGT probe is 494-00026-00. The Garmin site lists those at $63.18.

This is a K type EGT probe. All K type EGT probes has the yellow/red wire combination. And there are many generic K type EGT probes listed on sites like Aircraft Spruce.

Companies like Electronics International, J. P. Instruments and others also sell K type EGT probes.

I suspect that these probes would work. I suggest buying one, if the price is less than the Garmin probe and installing it in place of one of the failed ones. If the temps seem out of line, swap it with a one of the working Garmin probes--compare the two readouts (before swap vs. after swap) to determine if one of the generic probes is providing the correct numbers.

If you have questions, please get back to me.

Best,
Steve

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #2148 by GLIDEWELL AVIATION, INC.
Looking for feedback here, thanks!
The EGT sensors on my G1000s go out very frequently, I’m buying at least one a month across the fleet. I’m paying around $380 each. Any thoughts on buying them cheaper, bulk, or other wisdom?
Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by GLIDEWELL AVIATION, INC..

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds