G1000 Backup Battry

More
1 week 5 days ago #2170 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic G1000 Backup Battry
Yeah, I saw that too. Then I looked up the specs for the batteries mentioned in the article. Each battery weighs 1.1 pounds. Seems pretty heavy to me. I am not aware of any publication that addresses this battery change. I think you could do it if you have a mechanic who is willing to oversee it, check the compatibility of the old and new batteries and believes it's a minor alteration.
I would probably order one, and see if it is the same as the ones currently in the battery pack.

Please let me know what you find.
Thanks
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #2168 by GLIDEWELL AVIATION, INC.
Steve, even if waiting to run the battery test at run-up phase, it's still bad. I did see some info in a Skyhawk community chat that it's possible to replace individual 2volt cells, which are about $20 each, so all of them for around $240 if needed. Anything thoughts there? www.atbatt.com/hawker-cyclon-single-cell-2v-8ah-battery-3/

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2157 by GLIDEWELL AVIATION, INC.
Steve, thanks for the reply. Per the ATP guidance, I'll have the instructors ensure they are doing to the 10 second test in the run-up area, not before.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2153 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic G1000 Backup Battry
Hi,
I've attached a bulletin from a large flight school concerning the G-1000 batt test.

The battery is supposed to charge when the engine is running--the bulletin suggests that the batt test procedure is done prior to take off after the airplane has been started and has taxiied to the run up area.

Give this a try.

In the mean time I'll find out more about these batteries.

Steve

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #2149 by GLIDEWELL AVIATION, INC.
I have a 2005 G1000 and the backup battery, the one you flip the toggle up to “test” during pre flight is bad. It’s not an airworthiness issue, though some would say hard IFR isn’t advised. My mechanic said it’s avionics. My avionics guy said it’s Cessna part and an airframe issue.
What’s your experience, and part cost?

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds